• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you post images again?

12 posts in this topic

I created a Spidey set last year and uploaded images, but I just created an X-Men set today and couldn't figure out how to do it. I thought you go in to edit the set, click on the cert number to view the details, and there was an "upload" function in there, but I didn't see it.

Where is the upload image feature at? I forget. confused.gif

Man, I was doing that for like half an hour before I saw the "edit" link. I was logged in, but it kept saying the owner was "fantastic_four" instead of "you (edit comic)". Must be some kinda bug...

I need a little assistance,

I am trying to upload scans to the registry. I am using a Hewlett packard scanner and the standard software that comes with it. I can sucessfully scan the comic but when I try and upload it I exceed the 100KB size limit.

Any advice on how to reduce the size of the scan when I save it? I also tried reducing the size in Photobucket and sending it back to my computer but the scan came up the size of a business card.

Thanks.

Here is an example from Greggy's DC 100 Pager set. Note the height and width settings: 612 x 405. I did resize the image to make it more presentable in the post. I don't know how good Greggy's scanner is but the settings allow for a nice image.

Greggy.JPG

Link to Greggy's set.

Here is an example from Greggy's DC 100 Pager set. Note the height and width settings: 612 x 405. I did resize the image to make it more presentable in the post. I don't know how good Greggy's scanner is but the settings allow for a nice image.

Greggy.JPG

Link to Greggy's set.

Redhook does all the editing for me! confused-smiley-013.gif

O.K. I got the size right, but the scan shows up real grainy. Could it be my DPI or something else I am Missing? Christo_pull_hair.gif

I set my scanner to "color document", "full platen" and "150 dpi". Once I have the scan I resize it.

The best advice? Play with your scanner and the image software that came with it. I spent the better part of a rainy weekend just scanning comics. Eventually I hit upon a setup that worked for me.

You can also do a search in the forums for dpi or scanner or something like that. There have been a few threads concerning this topic.

Hope that helps.