• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE LOIS LANE #1 CLUB

20 posts in this topic

I joined the Amazing Fantasy #15 Club yesterday with my copy I obtained locally a couple years back and was inspired by all the other clubs. Couldn't lay my hands on my Higher Grade Flash #123 at the moment... was going to post it in that club as I noticed it sprang up from dormancy with a new post. I just mislaid my nicer copy somewhere.

Anyhow in the meantime...I was inspired to start a club myself.

Did a search first and could not find Lois Lane at all under a subject search (at least in the title line anyhow). I searched thru many a page from the beginning and back tracked from the end of silver's Superman Family thread. Possibly one of these is lying in between all his some 140 pages.

Anyhow...I think Supey's main squeeze ought a have a place of her own with the debut 1958 #1 issue that lead to a long 137 issue run on into the Bronze-Age.

I see 10 or 20 Showcase 9's and 10's...especially #10 before I ever see one Lois Lane #1 for sale.

So come on...all you lucky Lois Lane #1 owners...Let's see that Big full moon cover featuring "The Witch of Metropolis" in any grade you have. Superman and Lois with full moon background over Metropolis against a beautiful stunning night sky blue cover. I always loved this cover even over the two earlier Showcases. Just a nicer looking book in my opinion.

Here are my two copies the low grade one I purchased back in 1980 for a well hard earned $40! Darn Hames put his name on all his comics in the 50's and 60's. I have several from his childhood collection as he was from the central Arkansas area.

The Hames Ware copy I acquired in 1980:

lois%201%20a.jpg

and now...my recent upgrade:

Lois201.jpg

Isn't it all so amazing how the bad lower copy that looks well loved and read with black marker all over has brighter bolder colors than the nicer copy? Same with my AF #15 we were discussing yesterday. My copy just has brighter colors and more bold and shiny look than some of the higher grade AF 15 slabs. And now as I study the photos of these two Lois' of mine I see the same. Go figure

Yep...I completed my entire Silver / Bronze Superman Family runs years ago. All 163 Jimmys 137 Lois Lanes Superman 100 thru 424. (currently trying to finish #1 thru 99) Have about 30 issues to go. I only need 6 Supermans to have them all from #1 to 30. And 5 more to have therm all to #50. Still need some Superboys from #1 to #50. But the silver run is complete.

OOPs

I owe an apology to someone when I initiated this LL #1 club. I said that I had searched thru silver's Superman Family collectors thread. For some reason I just assumed it was silver that started that thread when it wasn't. Sorry Hepcat!

And I love the Superman Family thread.

My apologies :blush: