• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IRON FIST on Netflix
3 3

331 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, piper said:

It's worse. The reviews indicate that the story is boring and the fight scenes are lame. Hope it's not true!

the trailer was terrible; this looks like an easy pass.  Between Legion, The Americans, & American Crime there's too much quality around to waste time on this.

On 3/9/2017 at 4:24 PM, meeklo said:

I'm surprised that no one involved with the show has publicly said that "Iron Fist isn't supposed to be Asian. He wasn't Asian in the comics so why would he be Asian in this show. There is no white washing because there is nothing to white wash."

Seems like that would be the end-all-be-all of that complaint.

Not that I want to speak for people, but I'm pretty confident in what I'm about to say here. Those making the complaint would just say cultural appropriation doesn't have a statute of limitations. It isn't the type of complaint you can reason people out of if, they just feel like not 'fixing' it now just means you're extending the problem.

12 minutes ago, NinjaSealed said:

It's available on netflix now. I am several episodes in, For the people didn't think Luke Cage and Jessica Jones were superhero shows, people REALLY won't think this is one.

Is it any good though?

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 3:56 PM, paperheart said:

the trailer was terrible; this looks like an easy pass.  Between Legion, The Americans, & American Crime there's too much quality around to waste time on this.

I just watched the first seasons of Vikings and the Americans. I liked Vikings better. Does The Americans get better? I know its on its 4th season, but its not on Netflix so I would have to keep renting it. I do like the 80s theme.

1 hour ago, chezmtghut said:

Is it any good though?

Binge watching it since my wife is out late tonight, it's pretty good, but in the first 5 episodes there is maybe 4 minutes of total fighting. There are a few problems but it is watchable. Several of the scenes that critics were blasting it for I thought were completely blown out of proportion. 

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I just watched the first seasons of Vikings and the Americans. I liked Vikings better. Does The Americans get better? I know its on its 4th season, but its not on Netflix so I would have to keep renting it. I do like the 80s theme.

:signofftopic:Season 5 of the Americans just started. I like the show. Anyways, back to Iron Fist. Just about to watch the 1st episode.

3 hours ago, Anfield Fox said:

2 episodes in and i have no idea what the critics are on about. Really enjoying it. Sure It's a bit slow but so were the others.

I agree.

3 hours ago, Anfield Fox said:

2 episodes in and i have no idea what the critics are on about. Really enjoying it. Sure It's a bit slow but so were the others.

Critics are the hipsters of TV & film and are the most useless form of critique around.  Those who watch the show, know the characters and don't feel they have to go against the grain to be heard have the right to make the judgement.  Those people would be us.  Episode 3 is when I started to really enjoy the show.

Edited by comicquant

I just finished the first episode...yeah, not much of a super hero show based off that but still kinda interesting.

My problem with it...and it's not really a spoiler so I'm not hiding it...I hate scenarios where a person has to convince another person of who they are. Shows and movies draw this out for drama, like this show does, when I'm thinking the "real world" way of handling it is to mention something from the past that proves it. Of course the other people refuse to listen like they have something better to do. I just hope they get past this "Is he the real Danny Rand?" question in the next episode.

I just finished episode one, others will have to wait.  

The show is fine, like all of Marvel's Netflix shows there is a bit of pacing issue but Iron Fist, in my opinion is a good (so far). I think with success that Marvel has had, it is becoming "cool" to hate on them? They have a formula, it works and they are sticking to it.  I honestly do not know why the critics "hate it" this much...