• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IRON FIST on Netflix
3 3

331 posts in this topic

Finished Episode 13 this morning. I liked this season. This goes to the middle of my Netflix Marvel list.

1) Daredevil Season 1
2) Daredevil Season 2
3) Iron Fist Season 1
4) Jessica Jones Season 1
5) Luke Cage Season 1

They did another Stan Lee appearance like in Daredevil, where a poster with his image appears.

11 hours ago, kevhtx said:

11 hours ago, october said:

I thought Cage was the worst of the first four Marvel Netflix seasons by a wide margin and I have no idea why so many critics gushed over it. Dull as dirt villains, annoying supporting character, and whoever was playing Misty Knight needs some acting lessons ASAP.

On the other hand, really enjoyed the first episode of Iron Fist.  (shrug)

I am glad I didnt listen to critics about Iron Fist. Yes, the writing is cheesy at times and I can see why the story didnt necessarily appeal to critics. But, honestly, critics many times are swayed by political messages and think about what was going on at the time Luke Cage was released. I didnt think it was terrible, but not near the critical praise it got. Overall, DD has been heads above them all for me. but IF didnt get a fair shake by any means.

I agree. I am not ready to rank them all, but I think I would put it above Luke Cage currently. My only real negative so far are the fight scenes. Maybe they will get better, but the first few are visually slow and irritating.(As if they didn't rehearse enough.)

I think for me the show is going to end up somewhere in the middle. I need to go back and finish Daredevil to really know where they all stand. Currently 4 episodes in and I am enjoying it for what it is. I think we have too high expectations for B and C level super heroes. I am just happy I get to see them on the screen in my lifetime.

11 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I agree. I am not ready to rank them all, but I think I would put it above Luke Cage currently. My only real negative so far are the fight scenes. Maybe they will get better, but the first few are visually slow and irritating.(As if they didn't rehearse enough.)

I think for me the show is going to end up somewhere in the middle. I need to go back and finish Daredevil to really know where they all stand. Currently 4 episodes in and I am enjoying it for what it is. I think we have too high expectations for B and C level super heroes. I am just happy I get to see them on the screen in my lifetime.

My only complaint would be the fight scenes as well.  When I think iron fist I think Donnie Yen caliber fight scenes and they're far from it.  Really far.  But I still enjoy the show.

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Finished Episode 13 this morning. I liked this season. This goes to the middle of my Netflix Marvel list.

1) Daredevil Season 1
2) Daredevil Season 2
3) Iron Fist Season 1
5) Luke Cage Season 1

They did another Stan Lee appearance like in Daredevil, where a poster with his image appears.

I think Daredevil Season 1 will always be the benchmark for best superhero show because it had the best villain performance of Kingpin played by Vincent Philip D'Onofrio.

For superhero movies/shows to work they must have memorable villains.

G9Ah6eDOOvQ.jpg

Also the comic book source material plays into this as well.

Netflix/Marvel had the opportunity of using great Daredevil Frank Miller and Brian Bendis stories to use for the Daredevil show as a source,while Iron Fist really never had a Frank Miller or Brian Bendis type writer that was on his comic books.

Daredevil had over 400 issues,while I think Iron Fist never got past issue 15, so of course the Daredevil show would be the most successful as Daredevil is an A list hero,while let's face it even though I enjoy Luke Cage,Jessica Jones and Iron Fist they in comics were never at the level of Daredevil. Think of comparing Spider-Man's legacy to Ant-Man`'s.

One is an A-lister character,while the other is a B-lister character at best.

So in conclusion it shouldn't be no surprise that the Iron Fist show is not at the same level as the Daredevil show or as well liked.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I think Daredevil Season 1 will always be the benchmark for best superhero show because it had the best villain performance of Kingpin played by Vincent Philip D'Onofrio.

G9Ah6eDOOvQ.jpg

Also, it was the first series like this on Netflix and it really set the bar. It was so new at the time for everyone.

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

G9Ah6eDOOvQ.jpg

You are not kidding.

But it sure had a solid follow-up with the next season.

The fight scenes in Daredevil were really something to behold. It really set me up for what was possible with a character like Iron Fist. I'm just about ready to start episode 10, and I'm enjoying the show, but I really was hoping for more style in the Iron Fist fight scenes.

The first season of Daredevil set the bar very high with its story and style.

2 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Also the comic book source material plays into this as well.

Netflix/Marvel had the opportunity of using great Daredevil Frank Miller and Brian Bendis stories to use for the Daredevil show as a source,while Iron Fist really never had a Frank Miller or Brian Bendis type writer that was on his comic books.

Daredevil had over 400 issues,while I think Iron Fist never got past issue 15, so of course the Daredevil show would be the most successful as Daredevil is an A list hero,while let's face it even though I enjoy Luke Cage,Jessica Jones and Iron Fist they in comics were never at the level of Daredevil. Think of comparing Spider-Man's legacy to Ant-Man`'s.

One is an A-lister character,while the other is a B-lister character at best.

So in conclusion it shouldn't be no surprise that the Iron Fist show is not at the same level as the Daredevil show or as well liked.

I always thought Immortal Iron Fist by Brubaker was pretty solid.

Dunno what the critics are flustered about.  I saw the first 4 episodes last night.  Some character building and development to set the story in motion.

It was slow, but I hardly expected it to be fast paced out of the gate.

I certainly didn't hate it, and am looking forward to the rest of the eps.

I honestly think there was so much backslash because they didn't bend to critics when they cast that critics decided to pay them back. There is nothing in Iron Fist that deserves all the negativity critics have given it.

As far as development goes Iron Fist has been much better then PM or JJ. Its not a classic and its not Daredevil, but I think the cast will learn from the critiques of the first season and get better.

I'm only (almost finished) episode 2 and frankly, I see where the critics are coming from. The writing feels very basic and perhaps forced at times (even though what the characters are saying and doing makes a surprising amount of sense given human nature) and Finn Jones' acting is certainly not as good as any of the other three Defenders leads. However, I can't help but be intrigued by the "mental health" element heavily played on in both of the first two episodes, especially given the timing with the release of Legion just a month and a half ago. Surely this subplot will be abandoned the second Joy commits to the belief that Danny is the real deal, but I'm happy that the show is exploring territory that the other three have not so far.

C+ rating so far, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

I'm through episode four and as an Iron Fist fan, I'm disappointed.  But I'm going to keep watching it and hope it gets past the horrible pacing and writing.  I just hate watching something with such a great story and potential for live action greatness get off to such a bad start.  The fight scenes are okay, and I thought Daredevil did a much better job.

Episode five is off to a promising start...

EDIT:  I love seeing Roy Thomas and Gil Kane in the opening credits.

Edited by Designer Toast

I just finished Iron Fist . I thought it was excellent!  I think all of the Netflix Marvel shows have been very entertaining and well done.  I think some of those critics are ruining their credibility on this show. 

Definitely mostly agree with above posters.  I think DD2 and IF are a tie. 

1) Daredevil Season 1
2) Daredevil Season 2
3) Iron Fist Season 1

5) Luke Cage Season 1

3 hours ago, Designer Toast said:

Without giving away anything in episode six - best karaoke scene ever.  lol

Agreed. Now 7 episodes and the whole family loves it. A few missteps here-and-there but overall a very good show. Not as good as DD or JJ, but beats Luke Cage by a long shot.