• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IRON FIST on Netflix
3 3

331 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Wall-Crawler said:

I just finished episode one, others will have to wait.  

The show is fine, like all of Marvel's Netflix shows there is a bit of pacing issue but Iron Fist, in my opinion is a good (so far). I think with success that Marvel has had, it is becoming "cool" to hate on them? They have a formula, it works and they are sticking to it.  I honestly do not know why the critics "hate it" this much...

I agree with you 100%

I only watched x2 episodes so far but I think it's great!  Not like Emmy award winning or anything, but I'm really enjoying it, I like the main character and can tell I'm gonna binge this.

I don't know too much about Iron Fist comics so maybe yhat makes it easier for me, but I doubt all those critic read them either.  

2 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

I just finished episode one, others will have to wait.  

The show is fine, like all of Marvel's Netflix shows there is a bit of pacing issue but Iron Fist, in my opinion is a good (so far). I think with success that Marvel has had, it is becoming "cool" to hate on them? They have a formula, it works and they are sticking to it.  I honestly do not know why the critics "hate it" this much...

I believe there are those out there who would find fault with a free dollar.....and unfortunately they thrive on the spotlight. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

2 episodes in. Not too bad. Fighting choreography nowhere near DD level. But interesting how he was trained as the 'only one' that could

destroy the hand. Looks like the hand will play a role in Defenders.

Also, I take it the Hand is the one who left the hand imprint as a threat on Mitchum's window, and perhaps why he never leaves his house.

Not terrible at all, but there are a few holes here and there, IMO.

Edited by bronze_rules

Just finished episode 1.

Liked it better than Jessica Jones so far, but it took me more than half the episode for me to get over his blatant stupidity in

Spoiler

going to the RAND Corporation without first establishing his identity. Even if he'd never been fingerprinted, dental records should be able to establish his identity, and any attorney would likely have taken his case on pro bono or on contingency vs. a portion of his controlling interest.

So...not only did the comparable scene in Batman Begins do it better, but the writing was _incredibly_ stupid to a) just have him walk into the offices; b) admit to breaking into her house; to say nothing of the carjacking; and c) drink her tea after he knows her brother had tried to have him killed.

Pure laziness on behalf of the writers and _really_ took me out of the story.

Meanwhile,

Spoiler

even if he is in the moral right (obviously), our protagonist is now legit guilty of (at least) carjacking/false imprisonment, breaking and entering, assault, and trespassing. C'mon. Far easier to just talk to an attorney to begin with.

Still, I'm curious to see where this goes & am starting episode 2 now.

Im 7 episodes in, I like it. I didn't care for Jessica Jones. Loved Daredevil 1 and 2. Liked Luke Cage ok. I think critics were overly harsh on this unless Im missing something that I haven't seen yet. Its definitely not as strong as Daredevil, but I dont think the others are either.

I finished watching the first 5 episodes and am enjoying it. Is the writing a bit clunky? Yes.

Still worth watching....

Edited by piper

My kids and I started watching this ready to laugh considering the horrible reviews. The joke was on us, ITS ACTUALLY not bad at all. (OK one laugh moment, that terrible car jump) We are 2 episodes in and completely hooked. We stopped so my wife can catch up. But after a few hours IM going to watch another 2 more with them.

Edited by Rip

23 minutes ago, adampasz said:

Watched first episode and thought it was decent: B or B-. Still better than 99% of what's on TV.

The cast is mostly likable, though the villains so far are a bit boring.  

I liked DD and JJ, but I didn't make it through Luke Cage.

I haven't made it through Cage either. Was like pulling teeth.

2 hours ago, Rip said:

I haven't made it through Cage either. Was like pulling teeth.

I thought Cage was the worst of the first four Marvel Netflix seasons by a wide margin and I have no idea why so many critics gushed over it. Dull as dirt villains, annoying supporting character, and whoever was playing Misty Knight needs some acting lessons ASAP.

On the other hand, really enjoyed the first episode of Iron Fist.  (shrug)

28 minutes ago, october said:

I thought Cage was the worst of the first four Marvel Netflix seasons by a wide margin and I have no idea why so many critics gushed over it. Dull as dirt villains, annoying supporting character, and whoever was playing Misty Knight needs some acting lessons ASAP.

On the other hand, really enjoyed the first episode of Iron Fist.  (shrug)

I am glad I didnt listen to critics about Iron Fist. Yes, the writing is cheesy at times and I can see why the story didnt necessarily appeal to critics. But, honestly, critics many times are swayed by political messages and think about what was going on at the time Luke Cage was released. I didnt think it was terrible, but not near the critical praise it got. Overall, DD has been heads above them all for me. but IF didnt get a fair shake by any means.

Edited by kevhtx

I've found Iron Fist to be one of the least faithful adaptations its so embarrassed of the source material its disgusting. Like all these Netflix shows there is no joy, no brightness, just dour grim fights, screwed up people committing shock gore violence. I finish an episode and feel drained and disappointed. The tone of the Netflix verse is not something I can enjoy at all, its lacks the hope and fun and fantasy that makes superhero comics so amazing to me. I should have expected it going it, I don't know why I bothered to watch this.