• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Two Edgar Church copies of the same comic?
1 1

52 posts in this topic

I don't believe I've ever held a raw Church book.

I bought a cheap one just to own it.

I don't have a good sense of smell but some guys roll their eyes in the back of their heads when they do it, apparently it's that good. lol

Not saying they can't be manufactured, but there is more to the Church pedigree than just penciled codes (and that goes for many pedigrees - many of them have distinctive smells based on how the books were stored - for example, half of the Big Apple Pedigree smells like kerosene because the room the books were stored in smelled like kerosene). You might be able to slip one by a novice but someone who knows their Pedigrees is more likely to catch them.

I've had some cheap raw copies in addition to the slabbed copies I've had over the years. The smell is distinctive.

FU, Roy

Now you sound like a broken record. :P

Don't get on his good side, he might start sending you creepy PMs.

:grin:

I don't have a good sense of smell but some guys roll their eyes in the back of their heads when they do it, apparently it's that good. lol

Not saying they can't be manufactured, but there is more to the Church pedigree than just penciled codes (and that goes for many pedigrees - many of them have distinctive smells based on how the books were stored - for example, half of the Big Apple Pedigree smells like kerosene because the room the books were stored in smelled like kerosene). You might be able to slip one by a novice but someone who knows their Pedigrees is more likely to catch them.

I've had some cheap raw copies in addition to the slabbed copies I've had over the years. The smell is distinctive.

Most of the Hawkeye collection smells like mothballs.

Most of the Hawkeye collection smells like mothballs.

lolhm