• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OK guys here are the Sgt. Fury #24 and #25 CGC 9.4 Golden State Pedigree copies

118 posts in this topic

tth2 - Good luck on the next batch of Fury's!

Thanks, but I don't think they're going to come back with anything approaching the same types of grades. I cherry picked the best of the best for the first batch. Oh well, if Scott's prices are any indication, 9.4 Fury's are back in fashion! yeahok.gif

Congrats on the nice bid. Are you going to accept the offer?

No, I am going to hold out for $300 on the #24.

screwy.gif

Yeah, that's what you said about the #25 too, and look what happened. That $275 bid is only $25 away! yay.gif

Just because the three of you, tth2, FFB, and Jimm94 all like Fury for some unkonwn reason screwy.gif, doesn't mean they're back in fashion. Were they ever in fashion?!? confused-smiley-013.gifpoke2.gifyeahok.gif

Nah, it's not in fashion because of me, I'm selling down my Fury's! devil.gif

It's in fashion because some rubes are out there are apparently willing to pay nosebleed prices for 9.4 copies of 24 and 25. For #24, I can almost (but not quite) see a high $200 price being defensible because it doesn't come up often, but #25, along with #19, is just about the most common HG early Sgt Fury out there, even with that great black cover.

screwy.gif

Yeah, that's what you said about the #25 too, and look what happened. That $275 bid is only $25 away! yay.gif

If $275 for #24 is screwy.gif, then that price for the MH2 #25 is screwy.gif to the 10th power!

But more power to you, higher prices for Furys will establish a nice market for me to sell my remaining Furys into. Anyways, maybe with some strong sales you can use the proceeds to finally buy some real books. poke2.gif

screwy.gif

If $275 for #24 is screwy.gif, then that price for the MH2 #25 is screwy.gif to the 10th power!

But more power to you, higher prices for Furys will establish a nice market for me to sell my remaining Furys into. Anyways, maybe with some strong sales you can use the proceeds to finally buy some real books. poke2.gif

blush.gifpopcorn.gif

I'd take it now before the guy sobers up...

Jim

I admit that I was tempted, but I want to get the full $300 so that I can tell Murph to go eff himself in royal fashion.

Now I just hope it doesn't backfire. 27_laughing.gif

Jim

I admit that I was tempted, but I want to get the full $300 so that I can tell Murph to go eff himself in royal fashion.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Jim

I'll give you $25 so you can still tell him to eff off. poke2.gif

Jim

I'll give you $25 so you can still tell him to eff off. poke2.gif

If you're serious, I'll accept the $275 bid right now! I'll even tell him where the extra $25 came from. 27_laughing.gifyay.gif

Just because the three of you, tth2, FFB, and Jimm94 all like Fury for some unkonwn reason screwy.gif, doesn't mean they're back in fashion. Were they ever in fashion?!? confused-smiley-013.gifpoke2.gifyeahok.gif

There are even more of us than you think, Jeff. yay.gif

I don't think many realize how hard it is to find SA Sgt. Fury's in HG. These things sat in .25 bins for years upon years and even when the Silver rush hit they stayed there. These books are scarce from what I've seen (or haven't seen). The fact that these are also pedigrees makes them more attractive.

I don't think many realize how hard it is to find SA Sgt. Fury's in HG. These things sat in .25 bins for years upon years and even when the Silver rush hit they stayed there. These books are scarce from what I've seen (or haven't seen). The fact that these are also pedigrees makes them more attractive.

It's my experience that SA SGT Fury's #20 and up are easily the most common found in HG of all pre-68 Marvels. I even asked the question on the this Forum two years ago asking for opinions why...

Jim