• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free Comic Book day books actually worth money?

42 posts in this topic

no

Interesting, gosh I get irritated when ever I go into my local comic shops and see them speculate on free comic book day books, for instance I heard one of the guys talking there about the fight club book saying it may be worth money or whatever. I was just like "interesting" :facepalm:

I think the Sixth Gun FCBD book was worth something for awhile, at least until the proposed TV series was axed. Of course, the value went up only after I gave away my copy to the son of a friend.

I understand they are meant to be free, but I mean I do see people selling them still, like I said at my Local Comic book shop, I have seen a few free comic book day books for sale for about 10 bucks.

The only people buying them on ebay are the people who either didn't or couldn't make it to the LCS on Saturday. The value is in getting them after the fact. I'm sure there are more than a few collectors who do most of their collecting online as well. Nothing is free online :)

What wouikd happen if say a Harley Quinn situation happened.a character appears for the first time in a FCBD book. Becomes hugely popular. Doubt it would stay free. Would be interesting on how to sell a free comic book day book if again it contained ,let's use Harley Quinn for example.

I seen the Stuff of Legends FCBD 09 sell pretty well, not many out there now the BIN prices on e-bay are crazy high ! At one point the Umbrella Academy was a runway hit, it slowed down but still gets picked up very quickly ! I'm sure If a movie or T.V. show ever gets announced for these books, people would be chasing them down.

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

Nice finds man, do you see any other FCBD books getting high prices?

I seen the Stuff of Legends FCBD 09 sell pretty well, not many out there now the BIN prices on e-bay are crazy high ! At one point the Umbrella Academy was a runway hit, it slowed down but still gets picked up very quickly ! I'm sure If a movie or T.V. show ever gets announced for these books, people would be chasing them down.

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

The only people buying them on ebay are the people who either didn't or couldn't make it to the LCS on Saturday. The value is in getting them after the fact. I'm sure there are more than a few collectors who do most of their collecting online as well. Nothing is free online :)

Or if you are abroad, and there is very little or no collecting market for american comic books, like in Italy. If I want a FCBD book I usually have to either place an order with a dealer or buy it… :shrug: