• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justice League Magic Mike cover

92 posts in this topic

Put me on record as liking the cover. Definitely like it better than the BORING regular cover.

Honestly though, when I first saw the press release for it, my initial reaction was that it would be a hard sell for a lot of male collectors for sheer insecurity over their sexuality. I wonder if that is playing into some of the dislike for the book, since it is now a hot 1st appearance book that wannabe-collectors are feeling like they can't pick up at their LCS for pure embarrassment.

Dammit, DC, don't make us choose between our money and our masculinity! :pullhair:

I like variants that have something to do with the book itself. If I passed on buying this variant it would be more because it's pretty boring, not really related to the title, and (as much of a fan of Jason Fabok's work as I am) this is not well executed.

Also whomever colored this cover really did their best to muddy the artwork underneath.

So, you blame the colors, the theme, the poses....?

Goddamnit you guys are gonna make me start dropping tears into my oversized glass of red wine. I wanted to listen to this City and Colour album without feeling insecure about my obsession with men it tights for once.

The whole history of superheroes for 75+ years is grown men in skin tight, brightly colored spandex, grappling with each other, while making loud, over emotive, grandiloquent proclamations and.... someone's concerned with this cover?

lol man you are really offended by people disliking this cover? Put your money where your mouth is and buy one of the million copies on eBay selling for below cover because few people think it's a cover worth looking at.

I don't really get offended by stuff like this. That's for the PC crowd. But as an homage to the Magic Mike movie poster it does a pretty good job. Like it, don't like it, whatever. But the idea that shirtless dudes are not "kid friendly" is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. What do these people do when they go to a beach? Or watch a Sunkist commercial? Who will protect all these children from the plague of shirtless dudes?

If I had to venture a guess, it's not because it shows "shirtless dudes", but because the heroes are portraying strippers.

It's one thing for many of the female heroes costumes to make them look like strippers, it's another if they were to do the poster for Showgirls or Striptease.

The whole history of superheroes for 75+ years is grown men in skin tight, brightly colored spandex, grappling with each other, while making loud, over emotive, grandiloquent proclamations and.... someone's concerned with this cover?

Don't forget the young boy sidekicks they shared a bed with...

lol man you are really offended by people disliking this cover? Put your money where your mouth is and buy one of the million copies on eBay selling for below cover because few people think it's a cover worth looking at.

I don't really get offended by stuff like this. That's for the PC crowd. But as an homage to the Magic Mike movie poster it does a pretty good job. Like it, don't like it, whatever. But the idea that shirtless dudes are not "kid friendly" is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. What do these people do when they go to a beach? Or watch a Sunkist commercial? Who will protect all these children from the plague of shirtless dudes?

If I had to venture a guess, it's not because it shows "shirtless dudes", but because the heroes are portraying strippers.

It's one thing for many of the female heroes costumes to make them look like strippers, it's another if they were to do the poster for Showgirls or Striptease.

But are young kids really going to make the connection to Magic Mike and male strippers? If I hadn't already known the reference I could have easily glanced at it and thought they were mocking boy bands.

But are young kids really going to make the connection to Magic Mike and male strippers? If I hadn't already known the reference I could have easily glanced at it and thought they were mocking boy bands.

Exactly, a poor execution of N'Syncs glory days

Female and gay fans may disagree with you. Why single this cover out? Plenty of covers with boobs galore on them too. (tsk)

I'm not gay or female and I blught give copies. I actually think is awesome.

Yeah, that would be crazy... Like having a bunch of sexy "bombshell" variants of super-heroines in provocative poses. They would never do something like that...

Female and gay fans may disagree with you. Why single this cover out? Plenty of covers with boobs galore on them too. (tsk)

I'm not gay or female and I blught give copies. I actually think is awesome.

l5uq6.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

I actually think is awesome, too.

The Purple Rain homage isn't bad.

Movie02.jpg

Noooo, that's inappropriate because it's referencing a rated R movie that contains nudity and strong sexual content. And what does Purple Rain have to do with Batman?

:shy:

:sick:

I just saw the cover at Midtown Comics n NY. DC and Jim Lee (as co-publisher) are pulling out every lame gimmick from the 1990's.

I can't see this helping their credibility. All the more reason to stop reading modern era comics.

At least post the cover you're complaining about. :screwy:

tumblr_nghmizyKFy1qalb61o1_r1_1280.png

The blonde on the right is mine!

lol