• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greg Reese on Pawn Stars tonight

31 posts in this topic

I was seeing when Rick would pull the books out to examine it and if it would cause handling wear. He did point a bit hard at the Avengers 1, and Greg didn't have much of a reaction. Always welcome to see comics on television.

That show is so hokey and staged it's pitiful. Not worth watching and it's an insult to intelligent minds everywhere

I thought it was great. Both Greg and Paul did an excellent job. So what if it's staged and scripted,

Because it's poorly written and badly acted. :baiting:

I have watched a number of episodes and while it may have had a resemblance to reality in the beginning I find it unbearably predictable, fake and annoying like so many other "reality" shows these days. That said, I have my own guilty entertainment pleasures and don't begrudge others for liking what they like.

Exactly, a great show the first season, but now a poorly acted and scripted parody of itself. Rebecca, the book dealer is the only good part anymore.

That show is so hokey and staged it's pitiful. Not worth watching and it's an insult to intelligent minds everywhere

I thought it was great. Both Greg and Paul did an excellent job. So what if it's staged and scripted,

Because it's poorly written and badly acted. :baiting:

I have watched a number of episodes and while it may have had a resemblance to reality in the beginning I find it unbearably predictable, fake and annoying like so many other "reality" shows these days. That said, I have my own guilty entertainment pleasures and don't begrudge others for liking what they like.

Exactly, a great show the first season, but now a poorly acted and scripted parody of itself. Rebecca, the book dealer is the only good part anymore.

I like her as well, she really knows her stuff/ is able to research.

I received a new e-mail from Greg Reece today and in his e-mail he discusses his appearance on Pawn Stars:

"Hello Everyone,

While we were away at the Philadelphia show, The History Channel aired our segment featuring the Avengers #1 and the Giant Size X-Men #1 from last fall. Sorry for no notice but we didn't know either until my phone started blowing up at 9:00PM last Thursday :) Here's a link to a short clip:

If you have on demand, you can view the entire episode "Avengers" (May 7th/Episode 1). To answer some questions I've gotten since filming the segment. Pawn Stars found us via a listing on our site and it took about 3 months to iron out the details and get a date that would work for filming. Rick is very personable off camera and is truly passionate about history and I learned a lot listening to him. While there is an outline for the show, it's not quite as heavily scripted as many might think. The producers basically want to make sure the highlights are covered but you have a lot of latitude in how you serve it up. The on air personalities (in this case Rick) rely heavily on the experts opinion and know little about what they are buying, or who they are buying it from. While we were between filming Rick asked me what I did for a living. His eyes were as big as saucers when I said "sell comic books". Was a really fun moment. The price negotiations are real but I didn't particularly care whether we sold a book or not as I thought it was a terrific chance to showcase the hobby and hopefully have a few folks stumble over to the website (they did!). In total it took about 4 hours to film the few minutes that you see. The crew takes multiple shots of your hands, how you hold the book, your reactions to what different folks said, etc. Man, the time flew! Having been a fan of the show for years it was a thrill to be on the set and see all of the familiar items in the shop. There is a replica of the "real" pawn shop (same building, in the back) and that is where the filming is done. The extras you see are folks who were just ambling around the real shop and got asked if they wanted to be extras on the set. The producers tell me it's never a problem to fill the background. All in all, it was easily one of the best days of my life as after filming we went to the top of the Stratosphere (thanks AJ), and from there saw Kiss at the Hard Rock.

Best,

Greg, Ginger, and Alex Reece"

Sounds like he had a great time. (thumbs u