• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greg Reese on Pawn Stars tonight

31 posts in this topic

I'm saddened to learn that Greg is so hard up for money that he has to pawn comics :cry:

Greg had mentioned in one of his e-mail releases a few months ago that he was filming a Pawn Stars segment. I remember sending him a PM asking when it would be on but he didn't know if it was actually going to make the cut.

I knew it was Greg as soon as he walked up to the counter. When Rick mentioned he knew a guy from CGC, I assumed it was a CGC member dealer in the area. So I was a little surprised to see Paul Litch walk up to the counter. They must have flown him to Vegas to film the segment or he was already in the area for a show.

I don't remember how close Greg and Paul were grade-wise on the 2 books but I think they both know what they're talking about. Too bad Rick and Greg couldn't make a deal on that Avengers #1.

I don't believe those books were ever ment to sell on the show. It was set up to concide with the new Avengers movie. Reese is a comic dealer. Why would he not just sell them himself and pocket the money? He doesn't need Pawn Stars to buy those books. I was very surprised to see Paul Litch on the show. He must have been flown in. Also very surprised to see Paul offer pricing info. Isn't that a conflict of interest?

Still always great to see cool old comics on TV.

That show is so hokey and staged it's pitiful. Not worth watching and it's an insult to intelligent minds everywhere

I thought it was great. Both Greg and Paul did an excellent job. So what if it's staged and scripted, it was entertaining. Next thing you will be telling us is you don't like the 3 stooges ?!?

That show is so hokey and staged it's pitiful. Not worth watching and it's an insult to intelligent minds everywhere

I thought it was great. Both Greg and Paul did an excellent job. So what if it's staged and scripted, it was entertaining. Next thing you will be telling us is you don't like the 3 stooges ?!?

Sorry, I wasn't able to view this particular episode. I don't have a problem with trash TV as long as its portrayed as such. However with this series viewers are led to believe this is the real deal and thats not cool, but then again you probably enjoy Real Housewives, Lizard Lick towing or The Kardashians. BTW I happen to love the 2 Stooges

I thought it was great. Both Greg and Paul did an excellent job. So what if it's staged and scripted,

Because it's poorly written and badly acted. :baiting:

I have watched a number of episodes and while it may have had a resemblance to reality in the beginning I find it unbearably predictable, fake and annoying like so many other "reality" shows these days. That said, I have my own guilty entertainment pleasures and don't begrudge others for liking what they like.

I thought it was great. Both Greg and Paul did an excellent job. So what if it's staged and scripted,

I have watched a number of episodes and while it may have had a resemblance to reality in the beginning I find it unbearably predictable, fake and annoying like so many other "reality" shows these days. That said, I have my own guilty entertainment pleasures and don't begrudge others for liking what they like.

Are you calling Paul and Greg bad actors????:sumo:

Are you calling Paul and Greg bad actors????:sumo:

Didn't watch it but the regulars on the show are bad actors.

It's kinda weird. One Rick refers to Paul as "I have a friend who works for CGC" which... COME ON. Greg kinda hints at being a dealer but never comes out and says that he is, giving off a "I'm a collector who knows something about this stuff" vibe.