• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is THE hottest book right now?

150 posts in this topic

Most of the time the hottest book "right now" is a temporary thing. At the moment I'd say the Star Wars Boba Fett AF variant or Batman 40. Give it a couple of weeks and that will change

Neither of those books can possibly be the hottest as they are both seeing lower prices on a daily basis.

The hottest book is a book that keeps selling consistently despite increases in asking prices from sellers.

Boba is selling for $60-70. Seems higher, rather than lower.

It's less than $80+ where it was last week. :gossip:

It's likely going to settle into the $50-60 range very shortly, if it hasn't already.

Batman Adventures 12 and New Mutants 98 have my vote as a tie for THE hottest book of the moment.

Definitely settling in at around $50-$60 raw for the time being. Might drop a little to $45-$55 once all copies are in original buyers' hands. Will probably always be $10-$15 above Han Solo though.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40|R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=%22star+wars+4%22+boba+fett&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

SS is too confusing.

This week it is SS 44. Last week it was SS (Suicide Squad) 48.

I agree because somebody paid a lot for this. I'm guessing they only glossed over the SS and straight to ebay. (shrug)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUICIDE-SQUAD-1987-Series-44-Near-Mint-Comics-Book-/281675048141?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41952424cd

:roflmao:

Such unneeded sarcasm

Yeah, this is meant for a fun, enjoyable conversation.

I'm not interested in speculation/flipping.

Just think it is an interesting conversation. Some characters have really grown in popularity in the last few years that were once B and even C tier characters.

10 years ago, would would have believed Harley and Deadpool would be everywhere.

I do like Spider-Gwen's future popularity. I will try and find the article (I think it was on CBR), but it stated Marvel has big, big plans for her post Secret Wars.

Authority's Ms Marvel #1 / Captain Marvel #17 (2nd print) pick are also books that I believe will not be slowing down anytime soon.

IMO there is no way Spider-Gwen lasts... Anyone have sales on her book?

Fad character that'll go away soon...

Before you read below know this. I dont like Spider-Gwen, but I am smart enough to see both

a trend and a winner.

Marvel is doing a whole month of Spider-Gwen covers. You really think they would do a whole month of covers on a character they dont believe in?

I see several Spider-Gwen Cos Play characters at every convention I go to. She is here to stay regardless of what I think.

I much prefer Silk due to being a core title character.

/\/\

Right, are we talking Moderns? Got some Coppers floating in here.

My point, I believed this was about Moderns, and an even more dangerous variation on the theme "Moderns that are heating up" – the kind of that makes you addicted… a very dangerous kind of fun indeed… lol

Such welcome sarcasm

This is a new old thread asking the same question.....again.

Yes.

There are literally hundreds of such threads on the board, any one of which could have been bumped, all of which deal with the same subject. Not that it's a real problem, but some gentle sarcasm isn't out of line.

Such welcome sarcasm

Then don't click on it. Simple.

meh

Not the answer, and don't take it so personally.

Sometimes I just like to have fun, comic book discussions.

I don't know why a select few always want to be negative. If people enjoy talking about comics, what's the harm...?

None. But gentle sarcasm isn't "negative." 85% of the butthurt on this board comes from people taking things personally and seriously that are neither. Don't take it so personally.

What "pisses me off" (just joking, it does not " me off" but you get the point) is that for ten threads talking about "buying and reselling" speculation on modern books there is barely one actually discussing and previewing the content of certain modern series, which – being often quite a number – are not known here.

Most of the more promoted ones have started here as well but I am discovering many which I’d like to know more about… (thumbs u

And they are not necessarily "hot" commercially, at least not as they hit the stands… :shy:

What "pisses me off" (just joking, it does not " me off" but you get the point) is that for ten threads talking about "buying and reselling" speculation on modern books there is barely one actually discussing and previewing the content of certain modern series, which – being often quite a number – are not known here.

Most of the more promoted ones have started here as well but I am discovering many which I’d like to know more about… (thumbs u

And they are not necessarily "hot" commercially, at least not as they hit the stands… :shy:

This is the site for you

http://comicbookroundup.com/

I read it weekly because I agree with most of the reviewers. It is content and only content. It has helped steer me to some good stories I din't take a chance on initially. (thumbs u

I agree with TheAuthority in that Kamala Kahn related comics are some of the hottest.

Considering the rewards given in the last two years, Saga is a given.

I am surprised that East of West and Black Science aren't hotter than they currently are.

This is the site for you

http://comicbookroundup.com/

I read it weekly because I agree with most of the reviewers. It is content and only content. It has helped steer me to some good stories I din't take a chance on initially. (thumbs u

Thanks, that’s a useful resource… although I see they have given a 8.0 to Secret Wars… let’s see how it ends… lol

BTW, I started a thread here which could become a generic one to discuss works of fiction inspired by recent history:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8598863#Post8598863

Silver Surfer 44 is crazy popular

Cap Marvel 17 2nd print

Ms Marvel 1 Adams variant

Ms Marvel 2 variant Jorge Molina 1:50 variant (Very tough to find under $90)

JLA 40 combo pack has been picking up steam. Earlier in the week I could get them on E-bay easy for $16, now they sell often for more than the Batman 40 combo packs.

Divinity 1 (Crazy hot!)

Walking Dead 97-102 2nd prints (100 3rd print) have heated up.

Copper movers that some might have missed:

Action 521 (1st Vixen new CW Cartoon and possible live action app.)

Everytime a 9.6 shows up on E-bay, it sells for more than the previous one. Last 9.6 just hit for $305

Flash 323 (Great Reverse flash cover) Gets over $100 in 9.6 323-324 sell very well raw.

Such welcome sarcasm

I don't know why a select few always want to be negative. If people enjoy talking about comics, what's the harm...?

So sensitive. What is the harm with sarcasm? Why can't that be part of the fun?

Such welcome sarcasm

meh

Not the answer, and don't take it so personally.

None. But gentle sarcasm isn't "negative." 85% of the butthurt on this board comes from people taking things personally and seriously that are neither. Don't take it so personally.

^^

I read most of these threads as "please help me buy books to flip". I can't seem to carry any inventory in any of the books I buy. If I share my list then buying them costs me more. lol

I read most of these threads as "please help me buy books to flip". I can't seem to carry any inventory in any of the books I buy. If I share my list then buying them costs me more. lol

These discussions aren't fun. We're all taking this opportunity to push Flash, SS, Divinity, Harley Quinn, Kamala Kahn and Deadpool.

Making a post to this thread makes a big difference. We wouldn't be able to sell our books otherwise.