• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is THE hottest book right now?

150 posts in this topic

Edge of the Spider-Verse # 2 had a print run of ~55,000.

That's solid for both initial orders (& fan base) and for long-term investment potential.

But seriously -- who believes Spider-Gwen will still be a thing three years from now?

I see the Spider-Man 2099 or Iron Man 2020 comparisons as apt.

Beyond the potential for the character, it will be doomed by short attention spans as speculators gravitate to the next / latest hot thing.

How much are What-If # 105s going for these days? More importantly, how's the demand (and thus, liquidity)?

Its not because of the book its because of the latest trends.. IE demographics..

The little girl whos waiting to put on her SG costume in the next convention doesnt care that its an alternate universe book. Neither does she care about a book from 17 years ago

And while we are talking hypotheticals, said little girl doesn't read comics either.

I dont know about you, but Im all about getting more of these readers for when you and I get old and gray (thats right, im still in my early 20s)

OK. I love Spider-Gwen. Great books.

But, the only costumes I see young adult ladies wearing at conventions down the road, are Elsa & Anna ones. Period.

Somewhat less innocent most likely. :fear:

There's probably way too much nostalgia for that then what few are probably reading the newer comic characters. Kudos to the dads helping these characters reach the next generation. :applause:

But, I will note at FCBD in Concord, there was one comely lass clad in Spider-Gwen's duds, but the next day The Concord Monitor reported her as "Spider-Woman". :facepalm:

That's solid for both initial orders (& fan base) and for long-term investment potential.

But seriously -- who believes Spider-Gwen will still be a thing three years from now?

Beyond the potential for the character, it will be doomed by short attention spans as speculators gravitate to the next / latest hot thing.

How much are What-If # 105s going for these days? More importantly, how's the demand (and thus, liquidity)?

Its not because of the book its because of the latest trends.. IE demographics..

The little girl whos waiting to put on her SG costume in the next convention doesnt care that its an alternate universe book. Neither does she care about a book from 17 years ago

And while we are talking hypotheticals, said little girl doesn't read comics either.

I dont know about you, but Im all about getting more of these readers for when you and I get old and gray (thats right, im still in my early 20s)

But, the only costumes I see young adult ladies wearing at conventions down the road, are Elsa & Anna ones. Period.

Somewhat less innocent most likely. :fear:

There's probably way too much nostalgia for that then what few are probably reading the newer comic characters. Kudos to the dads helping these characters reach the next generation. :applause:

But, I will note at FCBD in Concord, there was one comely lass clad in Spider-Gwen's duds, but the next day The Concord Monitor reported her as "Spider-Woman". :facepalm:

Spider-Gwen is Spider-woman. Sooo.... yeah.

Youre going to the wrong conventions dude

this_kid_gets_it.jpg