• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is THE hottest book right now?

150 posts in this topic

I was having this conversation with some buddies, and wanted to see what my fellow Boardies thought as well.

So far, I believe it is BA #12, followed by NM #98. I believe after those two, it's kind of up in the air...

I know IH #181 continues to be a very coveted book in any grade.

Thoughts?

Right now its SS 44 this week.

Yeah, that book has caught on FIRE!

I need to find mine and see what kind of shape it is in. Probably not too great, as I read the heck out of those SS books back in the day.

Hard to say. Could you sell 100 copies of Walking Dead #1 for a grand each? At what point would the price drop? After 50 sales would it be at $500?

Could you sell 100 copies of Batman 40 for $20 each? Probably. What's hotter?

Most of the time the hottest book "right now" is a temporary thing. At the moment I'd say the Star Wars Boba Fett AF variant or Batman 40. Give it a couple of weeks and that will change

Neither of those books can possibly be the hottest as they are both seeing lower prices on a daily basis.

The hottest book is a book that keeps selling consistently despite increases in asking prices from sellers.

East of West #1...oh wait, you meant everyone else's THE hot book. lol

EoSV #2 has to be in the conversation. Spider-Gwen #2 sold over 100,000 copies in February. We will have to wait and see where she settles but my guess is that she far outsells Deadpool every month and will probably slightly edge Harley Quinn on a regular basis. She is the real deal in popularity imo.

Enormous #1A, while not the most expensive is possibly the most important book of a series that I think will keep rising in popularity.

Ms Marvel #1 / Captain Marvel #17 (2nd print) are poised to be breakout books and I personally like CM #17 1st print the best but I know I'm in the minority on these but they are the MoS #17 Doomsday equal. lol

Batman #40 is a big book. An all-time top 5 Batman vs Joker book imo.

These are all good bets but the apple of my eye right now is The Dark Knight Returns series. It has always been a great selling group of books not to mention one of the best stories ever but the new movie is going to make these soar. 2c

I need to find mine and see what kind of shape it is in. Probably not too great, as I read the heck out of those SS books back in the day.

What's SS 44?

What's SS 44?

Silver Surfer

What's SS 44?

Silver Surfer #44 v3 1st Gauntlet with gems. FIRE

&

Silver Surfer 34 v3

Most of the time the hottest book "right now" is a temporary thing. At the moment I'd say the Star Wars Boba Fett AF variant or Batman 40. Give it a couple of weeks and that will change

Neither of those books can possibly be the hottest as they are both seeing lower prices on a daily basis.

The hottest book is a book that keeps selling consistently despite increases in asking prices from sellers.

This is what I meant when posting the thread.

What has caught fire, has even grown in demand, and still hasn't hit it's ceiling.

Such unneeded sarcasm

Yeah, this is meant for a fun, enjoyable conversation.

I'm not interested in speculation/flipping.

Just think it is an interesting conversation. Some characters have really grown in popularity in the last few years that were once B and even C tier characters.

10 years ago, would would have believed Harley and Deadpool would be everywhere.

I do like Spider-Gwen's future popularity. I will try and find the article (I think it was on CBR), but it stated Marvel has big, big plans for her post Secret Wars.

Authority's Ms Marvel #1 / Captain Marvel #17 (2nd print) pick are also books that I believe will not be slowing down anytime soon.