• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is THE hottest book right now?

150 posts in this topic

What "pisses me off" (just joking, it does not " me off" but you get the point) is that for ten threads talking about "buying and reselling" speculation on modern books there is barely one actually discussing and previewing the content of certain modern series, which – being often quite a number – are not known here.

Most of the more promoted ones have started here as well but I am discovering many which I’d like to know more about… (thumbs u

And they are not necessarily "hot" commercially, at least not as they hit the stands… :shy:

Thats because the make up of this board has changed over the last 2 years. Its not as bad in other areas, but modern is the worse.

I read most of these threads as "please help me buy books to flip". I can't seem to carry any inventory in any of the books I buy. If I share my list then buying them costs me more. lol

These discussions aren't fun. We're all taking this opportunity to push Flash, SS, Divinity, Harley Quinn, Kamala Kahn and Deadpool.

Making a post to this thread makes a big difference. We wouldn't be able to sell our books otherwise.

143059.jpg

Thats because the make up of this board has changed over the last 2 years. Its not as bad in other areas, but modern is the worse.

Agree with this. There are many flipping moderns now who don't have a clue was is actually between the covers and just want to flip without knowing anything about the book aside from the name of it and the main character.

The death of spider-man(#700 hype) is what got me back into comics. And the yearly cycle is almost always the same. A big book hypes(Spider-man #700, Star Wars, Gwen) lots of people enter the market from other collectibles areas. They make some money on a few releases, think they know what they are doing then start getting burned as they buy into almost every variant cover or number #1 that comes out. They fire sale all their excess books during the slow down of the summer(because people save money for the con season and buy less online). Then the flip market is good for those who had the smarts to weather the summer or made smart buying decisions. A hype book hits and the cycle starts anew.

Who is pushing their book, Branget?!?!?

You are pure negativity with minimal value add.

???

You keep attacking me and making little sense.

Agree with this. There are many flipping moderns now who don't have a clue was is actually between the covers and just want to flip without knowing anything about the book aside from the name of it and the main character.

The death of spider-man(#700 hype) is what got me back into comics. And the yearly cycle is almost always the same. A big book hypes(Spider-man #700, Star Wars, Gwen) lots of people enter the market from other collectibles areas. They make some money on a few releases, think they know what they are doing then start getting burned as they buy into almost every variant cover or number #1 that comes out. They fire sale all their excess books during the slow down of the summer(because people save money for the con season and buy less online). Then the flip market is good for those who had the smarts to weather the summer or made smart buying decisions. A hype book hits and the cycle starts anew.

It's how to learn. :)

lol

I'm not offended, just offering some insight on why I posted this topic.

I can assure you I am not a flipper (which is probably widely known at this point here).

I just like talking comics, and being a hobby of "collectibles", it's always fun to discuss this kind of thing.

This wasn't meant for a "what is hot this week so I can make a buck" thread, but "what has gained popularity, risen in price, still has a high ceiling, and is a proud part of your PC. But take it however you want.

If people make money off of buyers who get a Suicide Squad book instead of the Silver Surfer one, then so much the better, :roflmao: .

I just do not understand the people who chime in and say, "this thread is redundant and not needed."

My simple solution was, "Then don't click and read it.: Much less post in it. I think the people responding to my post on that were way more defensive than I was originally.

I love you guys and this community anyways, so even if you want to call this thread dumb, that won't change.

Anyway, back to posting everyone!

I really, really wish Marvel had the SIlver Surfer rights. An Infinity War movie is goingt o be weird without him. Plus he's such a great character.

I feel, that if you want any kind of answer from a question like this, you need a poll.

So, because the OP hasn't done it, I will.

I've taken every nomination so far in this thread, whether a joke or not, and included them in this poll below. My apologies if I've missed any.

Let the voting decide which is THE hottest book right now. (thumbs u

I'll run the poll for a week. That should be enough time to figure this out.

Ill Play..

Move over Harley and look out shes on fire !!!

Captain Marvel #17 2nd print !

HOT HOT

Possible ABC Kamala Khan with Oscar winning Director

Semi hot and cheap.

Great poll but... I thought this was moderns????

Wow, ms marvel show but not as ms marvel but a girl dealing with issues such as islamaphobia.....

Thanks for the thread Reed and the poll ThirdGreenHam. I'd say BA 12 is the clear winner out of the bunch. Not so sure about second place though. NM 98 does very well but I'm not too sure I see it climbing as high as or close to BA. Most likely due to the print run because DP has fans who are on a completely different level when it comes to dedication. Enormous NYCC is another one that continues to do very well, raws have been selling for a few hundred and 9.8's have reached $600+. Not bad for a book that's less than a year old.