• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MINT 9.8

44 posts in this topic

Woof

Another favorite

I messaged them and asked about this one, giving them a chance to back off the grade. Here's the exchange.

Dear bonsai-one,

Yes that is foxing on the back cover. We graded the comic for its lack of creases and no bends. Super clean. Thanks ROSS

- sparklecitycomics

Click the Respond button to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

Respond

To: sparklecitycomics

Subject: Details about item: bonsai-one sent a message about Marvel Spotlight #32 Spider-Woman Newsstand Fresh HIGH GRADE NM+ 9.6 Bronze #201345889772

Sent Date: May-09-15 19:24:15 PDT

Dear sparklecitycomics,

Is that foxing or staining on the back cover of this one? Is the grade right at 9.6?

Dear bonsai-one,

Yes that is foxing on the back cover. We graded the comic for its lack of creases and no bends. Super clean. Thanks ROSS

- sparklecitycomics

"Super clean". Hard to know what to say with this sort of nonsense. :P

I love MINT 9.8 comics :whee: Who is grading these? Stevie Wonder? No wonder they stopped getting their stuff graded and started selling raw :facepalm:

MINT 9.8

Somebody took a little dump on that one. :sick:

Woof

Another favorite

I messaged them and asked about this one, giving them a chance to back off the grade. Here's the exchange.

Dear bonsai-one,

- sparklecitycomics

Click the Respond button to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

Respond

Subject: Details about item: bonsai-one sent a message about Marvel Spotlight #32 Spider-Woman Newsstand Fresh HIGH GRADE NM+ 9.6 Bronze #201345889772

Dear sparklecitycomics,

Is that foxing or staining on the back cover of this one? Is the grade right at 9.6?

Looks like they do not care. They have built up a good reputation and are now milking it by selling subpar over-graded books.

Woof

Another favorite

Dear bonsai-one,

- sparklecitycomics

Respond

Dear sparklecitycomics,

Looks like they do not care. They have built up a good reputation and are now milking it by selling subpar over-graded books.

They do/did have a great reputation. That's why this doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Unless they've got someone new looking after the grading and listing of raw eBay books. hm

Their response was horrible and reeks of someone that doesn't really know how to grade.

A better question is, "Why aren't they selling slabs anymore?"

Their consignment business went in the dumper.

From a buyer's perspective, I can't recall a seller who went from having "Must check" listings to "They cannot be serious!" listings so quickly.

Too bad because for a while there they were listing great slabbed GA books and their delivery times were amazing. I would pay for my wins Sunday night and often have the books in hand Tuesday morning.

Well chalk another seller on my " not to buy from " list. :eyeroll:

Yup, maybe just slabs from now on.

I have been very successful purchasing just from a handful of guys.

Bob Storms

Rick Whitelock

F_T

Greg Reese

Dale

Bosco

Bunky's

If they don't have it,they get it for you. :cloud9:

Woof

Another favorite

Dear bonsai-one,

- sparklecitycomics

Respond

Dear sparklecitycomics,

+1 It certainly appears that way.

Bob Storms

Rick Whitelock

F_T

Greg Reese

Dale

Bosco

Bunky's

Rumor has it that the Buzzetta guy is kind of easy to work with.

:bump:

Bob Storms

Rick Whitelock

F_T

Greg Reese

Dale

Bosco

Bunky's

Rumor has it that the Buzzetta guy is kind of easy to work with.

:bump:

(shrug) I've never bought anything from you before,maybe someday you'll get on my list. :wishluck:

Bob Storms

Rick Whitelock

F_T

Greg Reese

Dale

Bosco

Bunky's

I've been buying from Bob Storms quite a bit lately. Yes, these are all GREAT dealers.

From a buyer's perspective, I can't recall a seller who went from having "Must check" listings to "They cannot be serious!" listings so quickly.

Too bad because for a while there they were listing great slabbed GA books and their delivery times were amazing. I would pay for my wins Sunday night and often have the books in hand Tuesday morning.

one of the fastest flame-outs i can remember

Why/how did that happen?

From what I saw, it seemed like they got very strong prices for their CGC books, even the ones that were kinda fugly.

Bob Storms

Rick Whitelock

F_T

Greg Reese

Dale

Bosco

Bunky's

Thanks brother for the kind endorsement.

:foryou:

(worship)