• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TTA 27 question...

14 posts in this topic

Just curious what some folks' opinions are about this...

With the recent upward trend in value due to movie hype, when do you feel the peak time to offload a midrange slabbed copy will be? My gut tells me now is too early...

I know it's impossible to predict with 100% accuracy - just curious as to what people's thoughts are.

With the recent upward trend in value due to movie hype, when do you feel the peak time to offload a midrange slabbed copy will be? My guy tells me now is too early...

"My guy". Is that like having "a man"?

Jeeves%20and%20Wooster_zpsgoatqwes.jpg

My thoughts are stop speculating and destroying the hobby.

Also the movie is about scott lang antman. Do the math.

I've been collecting for over 30 years, and have endeavored to sell a grand total of 2 books in that amount of time. Please don't talk to me about 'the hobby.'

I find your comment pretty out of place for this board, considering a good portion of the posts involve the selling of, or speculation of popular books. In my case, I happen to have two copies of this book, and have never felt Ant Man is that wonderful of a character regardless. Offloading one would allow me to pick up a couple of other books I would like to add to my collection.

Very good... the movie centers around Scott. Google 'Michael Douglas Ant Man' and get back to me.

Thanks for your input though. I'll take your answer as a verbose 'I don't know.'

Rodan - typo... 'gut'. :)

You are still speculating. If all you claim is true then it shouldn't matter when you sell the book. The movie is right around the corner.

When every other thread is about pressing or speculating on pricing due to movies. It gets annoying. Don't you worry though. I will have more out of place comments for the speculating threads to come.

To the OP, I'd say whenever you feel like it is a good time to sell. Nobody knows for sure, you win some......... you lose some. Honestly, I don't see the movie having a big impact on the book, but not because it's got Hank Pym rather than Scott Lang.

It's still the first appearance (kind of) of Ant-Man. I'd be surprised if a lot of the people looking to buy a copy for investment purposes are going to delineate between Hank and Scott.

I don't blame you for wanting to maximize your sale....but I'm sick of the movie hype and just wish it would stop.

I don't blame you for wanting to maximize your sale....but I'm sick of the movie hype and just wish it would stop.

+1

I love most of the movies, and I think it's great that we live in a time that allows us to enjoy our favorite heroes on the big screen. But these movies and quick flip "collectors" sure make it hard for normal people to own some of these books now.

X-Men #1 is a good choice. I think the book is undervalued still.

If you are company agnostic, now is a good time to be looking at some of the DC SA keys that have not run up yet as well.

I'm with those who say sell now. I had the same thoughts when I was unloading my GotG books. Sure enough right after I sold them they doubled in value. But now, after a wildly successful movie, I'd be lucky to get what I did then. That is to say, don't try to time the market. No one can do that with any regularity. If you want to get out of your second TTA 27 and into an X-Men 1 do it now.