• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's up with this slab?

24 posts in this topic

i thought the seam in the right center front was why it was a 9.4...unless the tear is keeping it from a 9.9. i hear those go for a lot these days

yeah, but there's two of them! is there a limit on allowable PE's on a book?

What's a PE?

Those bindery tears are allowed in OS in NM, and dollar comics like this one prominently suffer from this defect.

What's a PE?

Those bindery tears are allowed in OS in NM, and dollar comics like this one prominently suffer from this defect.

Production Error? it's not an AA - approved acronym - as i was just being lazy. and pulling Dice's Leg. a bit.

What's a PE?

Production Error? it's not an AA - approved acronym - as i was just being lazy. and pulling Dice's Leg. a bit.

893naughty-thumb.gif

Only Beyonder gets to change comic-related terms into initials.

what? so i can't just abbreviate? i didn't see that in the EULA

What's a PE?

I concur on that one. Maybe 1 out of 10 I see doesn't have the defect-if we are referring to the bindery tear at the ULC. I had a similar production crease like that book that graded 6.5...more evidence of inconsistency. The LLC problems aren't as widespread as the ULC. No way this book should be a 9.4. I need this book for my HoM collection, but this is fugly. I'll wait for a nicer example.

What's a PE?

893naughty-thumb.gif

Only Beyonder gets to change comic-related terms into initials.

what? so i can't just abbreviate? i didn't see that in the EULA

It's in the CGCFBOEAHR.

(Comics Guarantee Corporation Forum Book of Etiquette and House Rules)

Will you guys lay off the grade and tell me why it's in a Kindergarten size slab? makepoint.gif
People like to complain about the grades that they get and like to compare it against other "weak" books. In reality, their book probably just sucks! makepoint.gif

I'll harass Paul about the slab! screwy.gif