• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official New Mutants Movie News
1 1

485 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, the blob said:

It was bad. But mainly because they tried to rush what should have been 6-8 50 minute episodes into 90 minutes. it wasn't a 90 minute movie. No character development. Nothing. Just plop them in there. Illy was a one dimensional underdeveloped cliche "mean girl" character. she is a fabulous actress and it was wasted. the guy from stranger things got nothing. maisie williams, nothing. even the main character, moonstone, nothing. was dr. reyes a mutant? we get wacky illy flashbacks, what is that from? it actually could have been good if they took their time.

I don't thing you read anywhere where I noted it was incredible, did you? But bad? No. Rushed? Heck yes!

As far as character development you had bits and pieces revealed without going into great detail. Why's that you say? Because the director had three films planned as a mini franchise to tell their full story.

The New Mutants Director Details His Trilogy Plans - Including Inferno

I realize in the land of 'but the MCU gives me all the details in the film and drops in a few dancing and turds-in-sleeping-bag jokes' this can feel different. It was. And would I have liked a 2 to 2.5 hour movie - for sure to get more details. But between the Mister Sinister tease happening on the computer screens and Doctor Reyes using powers to block in the teenagers (secret reveal - yes, she was a mutant screening fellow mutants) the hints were all there more was coming. To include a secret reveal at the end that got cut out.

This is not the first time Boone has discussed his plans for follow-ups. Previously, he revealed that The New Mutants was originally supposed to end with a post-credits scene teasing the villain for the next movie. That villain would have been Emmanuel da Costa, portrayed by Antonio Banderas.

When it comes to luck, possibly no movie ever has had it as bad as The New Mutants did. The movie suffered multiple delays from 2017 – 2020. It was finally released last year in theaters – only to have a lackluster run due to pandemic related restrictions. However, as most things seem to do, the Marvel movie has found new life on streaming, specifically on Hulu.

At the time of this writing, the movie is currently #6 on all of the top movies on the platform. Considering how big of a platform that is, that’s a pretty impressive statistic.

streaming-flix-patrol-new-mutants.thumb.jpg.0d7e143d6134712819d57a60e2365e74.jpg