• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MARCH CONTEST : Round 2

164 posts in this topic

Congrats Burntboy. 893applaud-thumb.gif

thanks Alex - this is a tough format for a grading contest, but exciting nonetheless.

there are 4 guys with the same guess as you that are into OT.

this is where Greggy was wrong (IMO) when he discounted the opponent factor in this. it's just like college BBall - you may hit a hot opponent when you play a decent game and get eliminated or hit a cold opponent and play crappy but still move along to the next round.

one's grading acumen/luck is only one factor in this.

i'm very happy to be in the sweet 16 and can relax now - glad i don't have to go into OT with that FF book right away............ tongue.gif

The big surprise to me was the tie between Darthdiesel and DRBanner. Darthdiesel being more of a Modern day book guy hung tough and nailed it against a guy (whom I have bought books from) can grade excellent.

The OS grading guide gives you "1" blunted corner for a 9.6, and that had me on the fence more than the miswrap. Hobbes and I came very,very close to being the 11th OT.

Congrats Currin. I fell to the blunted corner. I was think 9.6 all the way except for that corner......

Norrin,

Truly amazing that we're in this still with that 9.6...I was sure you clobbered me with the power cosmic when I saw the grade. Looks like we were looking at that book the same way...jeez a 9.6, that's ridiculous! Good luck in OT!

I was sooooo close to submitting a 9.4. I just couldn't do it with that miswrap. That'll learn me to underestimate the power of "the Nikos factor".

makepoint.gif

Good luck on the OT. hi.gif

foreheadslap.gif............ hi.gif............. 893whatthe.gif............. hail.gif............... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif............. thumbsup2.gif

Man did I miss that one, by.by, gives me hope for some of my books to grade high,respect to all that advance,

good luck to all, thanks again to nikos61. Stephen AKA The Brain .

gossip.gifI will still play as it helps to know what book look like in grade, you just won't have me to push around. 27_laughing.gif

The big surprise to me was the tie between Darthdiesel and DRBanner. Darthdiesel being more of a Modern day book guy hung tough and nailed it against a guy (whom I have bought books from) can grade excellent.
Christo_pull_hair.gif Should have stuck with my initial guess. However, I was worried about the BC spine break. Should have stuck with my 30 second rule! foreheadslap.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gif Should have stuck with my initial guess. However, I was worried about the BC spine break. Should have stuck with my 30 second rule! foreheadslap.gif

Yes, it shouldn' take G any longer to grade than it does to jack off! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Ares I'll scan my DD 181 sometime, it's miswrapped so bad the pages staircase up from last to first, and it got a 9.6.

Does it have a crumpled corner like this Thor does also?

screwy.gif

Figures, you would overgrade a book. sleeping.gif

Ares I'll scan my DD 181 sometime, it's miswrapped so bad the pages staircase up from last to first, and it got a 9.6.

screwy.gif

who's gone? hi.gif

screwy.gif

who's gone? hi.gif

We'll see. You aren't out of the round yet. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

screwy.gif

who's gone? hi.gif

We'll see. You aren't out of the round yet. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

touche 893scratchchin-thumb.gif