• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MF 73 hasn't peaked yet by any means....

41 posts in this topic

....in my opinion. I might be biased....but I've been right in the past on this. Why is there still room for a lot of upswing you ask?

I'm not gonna sit here and bring-up stuff we all know and consider. This thread is to consider things we don't all already know or consider when assessing MF 73. It's my favorite comic....so once in a while, if the situation warrants, I might add to this thread. For now, just one thing:

Arrow season 3 just ended. Season 4 will be starting later this year. And an important and epic thing is going to happen (at least we're thinking and hoping). Something we've been waiting for for over 3 years. Oliver Queen will become THE GREEN ARROW!. Not just the Arrow. The Green Arrow! That will be the most epic thing to happen since Day 1.

And not often do epic things happen to any superhero. But this will be epic. Don't be jealous Batman fans, please lol.

Thoughts? Or add your reasons you're bullish or bearish on MF 73. And please, don't be offended if I take-you-to-task if you're bearish lol. All in good fun (no pun intended) of course.

As a collector of Silver Age comics who frequently visits Gold, though obviously not enough, I'd like to ask what MF 73 stands for? :shy:

More Fun Comics #73, which has the first appearances of both Green Arrow and Aquaman.

As a collector of Silver Age comics who frequently visits Gold, though obviously not enough, I'd like to ask what MF 73 stands for? :shy:

More Fun Comics #73, which has the first appearances of both Green Arrow and Aquaman.

Thanks. Back on track now. :)

& Speedy! He's the real reason it's skyrocketing! :baiting:

Ok ok, funny thread lol. I just got excited and posted this because....yes something epic is going to happen I just found out.

Feel free to disagree on if this is epicness. But to me it is. Think about it. The first superhero show on TV. It set the tone. It spawned all the spin-offs. But the one that started it all was the Green Arrow. But he's never been called by his real name (except once). So it's epicness when, after 3 years, he's The Green Arrow!

A 3-year going-on 4-year build-up qualifies for epicness IMO. Moreso than what happens in a 2 hour movie.

Ok ok, funny thread lol. I just got excited and posted this because....yes something epic is going to happen I just found out.

Feel free to disagree on if this is epicness. But to me it is. Think about it. The first superhero show on TV. It set the tone. It spawned all the spin-offs. But the one that started it all was the Green Arrow. But he's never been called by his real name (except once). So it's epicness when, after 3 years, he's The Green Arrow!

A 3-year going-on 4-year build-up qualifies for epicness IMO. Moreso than what happens in a 2 hour movie.

I'm not sure what to make of this, but Green Arrow is hardly the first superhero show on television. Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding things.

I'm not sure what to make of this, but Green Arrow is hardly the first superhero show on television. Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding things.

The fifteenth or something, I would think.

book has been under valued for a while, that is surely evident....3-7 years ago, I had multiple copies on my convention wall and no one EVER inquired about it...ever...not once in years and years...

it is a difficult book, for sure, and has great meaning to the DC universe....but for a book to rise 1000% + in just a few months is not sustainable... it will correct and likely correct hard... but that is just my opinion

Well, we shall see in a few weeks how the MF 73 copies up for auction fair up to expectations. We'll see if this hype is for real or just another one time thing.
my guess is there is still enough pent up demand that folks are going to pay "crazy" for the current copies...but, as more and more of the pent up (newly created demand) subsides, and more copies come to market due to the hyped up prices, we will see a downward correction...

so, motto, if you are planning to sell, your best bet is to sell now lol

Well, we shall see in a few weeks how the MF 73 copies up for auction fair up to expectations. We'll see if this hype is for real or just another one time thing.
my guess is there is still enough pent up demand that folks are going to pay "crazy" for the current copies...but, as more and more of the pent up (newly created demand) subsides, and more copies come to market due to the hyped up prices, we will see a downward correction...

Yes, sell now and buy another copy somewhere down the line for cheaper lol

just my opinion from having owned 6 diff copies over the past few years

I believe ya. After seeing the copy on HA that sold for an extraordinarily price, I have a feeling that it won't be a long lasting trend. But, you just never know.

I believe ya. After seeing the copy on HA that sold for an extraordinarily price, I have a feeling that it won't be a long lasting trend. But, you just never know.

what's funny is I sold that 3.5 copy in Chicago 2 years ago for about 1/8th the price lol

what's funny is I sold that 3.5 copy in Chicago 2 years ago for about 1/8th the price lol

Sold too soon :baiting: I told you to wait 2 more years :P