• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How old are Golden Age Collectors?

If you collect Golden Age books, how old are you?  

993 members have voted

1. 1. If you collect Golden Age books, how old are you?

85 posts in this topic

Hey Rick.

We continue with[its a small world] between the both of us.

I also have a winter home in Fort Lauderdale where I very frequently visited Tropic comics.Its a while but was it on u.s441 or university. Ive been in that back room too.Awesome books.Was it John Chruscheski if I remember.Nice vintage toys too.

They closed up and moved tp P.A

Been collecting SA since the SA (1961)

GA since 1979

Remember buying my first two GA books in late 1979. A Planet # 39 for the then staggering price of $35 and a Batman # 66 for $7

woohoo those were the days :banana:

Still have both books

I will be turning 28 in a few months. I began collecting comics when New Mutants #87 was being aggressively publicized by Wizard. Purchased it for $65, then the value of the book plummeted :(

I will have been collecting high grade GA books for 2 years as of September.

I am 30, and have just started collecting GA. I recently completed the full run of EC Frontline Combat, and have all but two of the Two Fisted Tales ( I thought war comics would be a good place to start.)

War books are a great place to start and EC has published some of the best!

Welcome to the Boards! :hi:

I'm 37 and started collecting GA in my late 20's...first Barks, then Schomburg, then LB Cole, then????

UPDATE: it's been over 3 years since I started this thread, so now I'm in a new bracket (one that is much wiser than before)!! :acclaim:

I seem to have digressed however, in that I've picked up a few Barks Four Colors this year after not buying any for at least 5 years... hm

I'm 40 too. I got heavily into comics in 1979 and have collected a majority of the years since. My uncle, who also collects comics, took me to my first con in San Francisco in 1981. I bought my first golden age book, a Young Allies #20. It was a VF for $20. I accidentally pulled the cover off when I was reading it. After that, I traded it away for practically nothing because I couldn't handle the sight of it.

In 1995, I started buying golden age books on a regular basis after I landed a teaching job. I'm a sucker for WW II covers... DC, Timely, Fawcett, they're all good.

I'll be 44 on Monday.
holy cow...were you around when dirt was invented :baiting:
:pullhair: See, this is why my hair is falling out. :cry:

might have something to do with the pulling of it lol