• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Divinity - first new title character from Valiant gets its own CGC forum topic

231 posts in this topic

i dont know much about the comic say what i read on here. I found a copy of Divinity #1 the 1:40 variant for $30 @ my Lcs in Austin.

That's a sweet deal, considering.

....considering the latest BIN for sale on eBay is $299.

Which will stay there, I guess. :shrug:

Found two flawless copies today......how rare are these supposed to be???

div_zpsrsallulw.jpg

Word from Dinesh is that there are only 350 and he referred to it as one of their lowest production numbers, but seems folks are still finding them here and there. There's one on ebay now that's been bid up over $150 with a few days left, so you're in pretty good shape (thumbs u

Can anyone pull a print run rundown for issue 2-4? Thanks for the great info on the #1! What an amazing book

Check Comichron's monthly numbers for a ballpark

March 2015

Divinity #2 - 9,384

April 2015

Divinity #3 - 9,582

Sales for #4 won't be out for a little while, but it's had a slight uptick from 2 to 3 and 4 will probably see a bit of a bump as well.

Is the lengthy delay between this first mini-series and the next series (due out early next year) going to hurt the prospects for this book?

Possibly, but the character of Divinity was announced for Imperium #7 in August... perhaps as a confrontation with the Valiant big bad... Harada.

Unless they solve their differences in the first issue, Divinity may be in that whole Imperium arc.

IMPERIUM_007_COVER-A_KANO1.jpg

http://valiantuniverse.com/2015/05/27/divinity-ii-matt-kindt-trevor-hairsines-sold-out-sci-fi-saga-returns-in-2016/

The article also says the Divinity "presence will be felt" in Book of Death.

Hi all, new to the forum. Frequent reader, turned new member. Had to jump in and say I'm totally obsessed with this title. Just bought one of THB's copies up top, was missing a NM 1:40 for my PC. I'm even considering picking up the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th prints. There don't appear to be many on the market.

2a sells for about 2x what you can get for 2b.....2a is sold out at midtown yet you can still get 2b....is there any reason other than 2bs cover is ugly green.

Every shop I've been to has leftovers of the graphic design covers. They just don't do anything for the book IMO. I haven't bought any of the b covers myself.

With the print run being as relatively small as it is for this book I think Valiant would have been better off just not doing the b covers at all. If all the b covers out there were the regular cover they'd sell better.