• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Divinity - first new title character from Valiant gets its own CGC forum topic

231 posts in this topic

With apologies to those who have already seen it, reposting this from the Valiant board.

I slogged a Diamond box full of Divinity #1a first prints with me to NYCC today. 31 issues in all. I was going to simply submit them to CGC for slabbing but then I realized (with a little help from Ken) that present at the con were writer Matt Kindt, colorist Dave Baron and inker Ryan Winn. All were extremely gracious in indulging me in this endeavor.

So after much back and forth and wrangling this damn box around with me half the day, I grabbed a CGC witness and got all three signatures on 17 issues and submitted them (Kindt at the booth, the others in Artist Alley), along with 14 issues unsigned.

Unfortunately, I didn't have enough unsigned issues for a pre-screen (50 is the minimum) so I guess I'll have to live with whatever grade they receive individually. They were graded as NM by Mid-Town when I purchased them, and they all looked pretty darn pristine, so I have my fingers crossed.

But I was psyched at the prospect of a batch of three signature books. It would tough to make those stars align again, so perhaps these will be pretty rare.

Here's a few pics of the triple signing. Ya know, "pics or it didn't happen!"

Matt being all Kindty. Dave Baron on the right.

IMG_20151008_160217_679.jpg

upload imagem

Ryan Winn

IMG_20151008_165944_360.jpg

forum image hosting

The hoard

IMG_20151008_165955_843.jpg

images hosting

Mission accomplished. Me, Dave and Ryan.

IMG_20151008_170119_625.jpg

images hosting

I wouldn't even know how to begin checking that out...but 39 bids seems like a good bit of activity.

I saw it at $105, and then lost track until after it ended and couldn't believe the price

lol- come on now. Name a high-priced modern book that isn't speculation driven.

The seller's mortgage company will still accept those funds

It's all based on a future character who MIGHT HAVE first appeared in Divinity # 3.....

All speculative, and no concrete facts.

So when Divinity 2 comes out, and that (or those) character(s) appear, the book will skyrocket again further out of reach of those who wish to collect them.

Yup, ModernSpec101 is the book is speculation driven. But with good intel I see that being a low for that books future.

Abram (Divinity, first appearance in Divinity #1) received his "power" from the encounter with "the Unknown" in Divinity #3.

In Divinity #3, two other cosmonauts were also present as well as "the Unknown" itself (whatever it is), first appearances for the other two cosmonauts and first "appearance" for the Unknown.

Abram was not "strong enough" (or detached from his life on Earth enough) to receive what the Unknown had to offer, but the other two cosmonauts were... so it's possible we haven't seen the power of full Divinity yet.

Imperium has been dropping slightly over time and both issues actually dropped off from previous months when it was around or above 7,000. Demand seemed pretty high when issue 7 hit the shelves. The Divinity appearances in Imperium were fun and clever, though, and I think the Divinity v Harada matchup is significant in the long term as it's the first meeting/battle of two of the most powerful beings in the Valiant Universe. If the demand has fallen off the shelf, it might not be a bad idea to pick up some cheap copies before Valiant starts releasing more details of their big plans for the character.

Also, Imperium is one of the best VEI reads IMO (thumbs u

Apologies for my ignorance but who is Harada?

I did not follow most of the original Valiant titles.

Toyo Harada, 1st Appearance Solor Man Of The Atom #3.

Toyo was the main villian in the Harbinger story, and he now has his own Island Country in Imperium.