• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calibration Exercise: Grade this BB28

13 posts in this topic

Hi,

Having worked in Quality Assurance before I had numerous Calibration Exercises so we can be assessing like a single force.

So it might be a good exercise to see if we are calibrated :)

Here is a BB28 and it is a graded book. There is nothing wrong in the pages inside and PQ is C/ow

it is also a book offered to me by an old time collector Here locally.

Book has not been pressed as well. The light on the back was a glare from the scanner.

20150514_171947_zpseiprb6wz.png

20150518_194237_zpscblz2uud.png

Admittedly a NEWB at grading, but here goes:

Structurally looks solid and colors look bright, slight corner blunting appears to have some small chips and the CBC upper right front. Hard to get a read on the staples in the scan.

I'll stretch at 5.5, although first impression was 5.0

Hi,

Having worked in Quality Assurance before I had numerous Calibration Exercises so we can be assessing like a single force.

So it might be a good exercise to see if we are calibrated :)

Looks like it's the scanner that needs to be calibrated :baiting:

With the crease in the upper right, the chip out by Aquaman's foot, the fairly heavy readers crease, the slight spine roll, and the general wear I'd guess 4.0. That said, the scan is very blurry and it could be anything from a 3.5 to a 5.0.