• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Met a Documented Fearless Front Facer - New! Image of Certificate.

75 posts in this topic

I did link to the post of the image of the letter in this thread they still deleted it

I've added images in the past didn't seem to matter-the Wikipedia Nazis pretty much delete everything

I did link to the post of the image of the letter in this thread they still deleted it

I've added images in the past didn't seem to matter-the Wikipedia Nazis pretty much delete everything

What did you expect? It is a message board. Anyone can write anything and anyone can make an image showing anything they want. This kind of verification is no verification.

What you need to do, Kav, is contact Stan Lee - preferably via US Mail and include a printout of the image and explain the situation. Now if you could do THAT you would be heroic. As it is now all you are doing is just quoting an online message board. So go...be heroic! You should have the time and I know you have the perseverance! (Serious here. Get Stan involved!)

That is untrue. I know first hand that they do not. I have contributed toward Wikipedia and because I did it the correct way, the additions have stood even today. The link you provided did not work. There was also no ling to an image just forum hearsay. In fact the link that you provided went to a blank page since I assume your settings are different than the standard.

It matters little though. Now that you vandalized the page by stating "I don't understand why Gilliam keeps deleting my entry I have backed it up with references this is why I never donate to Wikipedia", I doubt anyone would let anything you say hold merit on that page regardless of veracity.

The thing is, I see plenty of stuff on Wikipedia with no citations at all. And if they demand absolute proof of some kind then they need to delete 99.99999999999999999999% of all their entries.

That is untrue. I know first hand that they do not. I have contributed toward Wikipedia and because I did it the correct way, the additions have stood even today. The link you provided did not work. There was also no ling to an image just forum hearsay. In fact the link that you provided went to a blank page since I assume your settings are different than the standard.

It matters little though. Now that you vandalized the page by stating "I don't understand why Gilliam keeps deleting my entry I have backed it up with references this is why I never donate to Wikipedia", I doubt anyone would let anything you say hold merit on that page regardless of veracity.

I checked the link when the page was up for a day. Anyone else who did can confirm it worked. It linked to a letter with Stan Lee's handwriting. If that's not enough proof then plenty of other stuff on Wikipedia does not have enough proof. Stating I lost credibility when I vandalized the page and that's why I get deleted is wrong-I was deleted before I did that.

Also, I have made edits to other pages in the same exact manner and they also stand to this day. Several without citations. I have even created entire Wiki pages.

I just met Gilliam this time.

The thing is, I see plenty of stuff on Wikipedia with no citations at all. And if they demand absolute proof of some kind then they need to delete 99.99999999999999999999% of all their entries.

Many things do not require citations.They are public knowledge. (I also am a wiki contributor BTW). This is a VERY SPECIFIC claim with absolutely NO historic reference until now.

Either make good on it or drop it. But imagine to posts you could make if you managed to contact Stan and get this approved.

Many things do not require citations.They are public knowledge. (I also am a wiki contributor BTW). This is a VERY SPECIFIC claim with absolutely NO historic reference until now.

Either make good on it or drop it. But imagine to posts you could make if you managed to contact Stan and get this approved.

Say I contacted Stan and got a letter from him. Still an undocumented letter, just like the first one according to wiki. Then I could get a letter documenting that letter etc.

Exactly what he said. Furthermore, I stated that you lose credibility when you vandalize a page the way that you did. No one would take any further contributions from your IP address. This means you lose future credibility in future edits.

It's not a conspiracy theory.

Say I contacted Stan and got a letter from him. Still an undocumented letter, just like the first one according to wiki. Then I could get a letter documenting that letter etc.

You got the time, Kav, to keep making these responses. Use the time to contact Stan. You are postulating an outcome. Where did I say you would use a letter from him? Maybe Stan could contact Wiki himself at your behest. Just freaking DO IT and see where it leads.

I didn't mean to vandalize the page

I spent about an hour trying to figure out how to contact Gilliam. Wiki makes this very difficult. So I posted my message to him.

Hey I tried to do a good thing and the story is legit.

If people want to roast me over the coals for it so be it.

You got the time, Kav, to keep making these responses. Use the time to contact Stan. You are postulating an outcome. Where did I say you would use a letter from him? Maybe Stan could contact Wiki himself at your behest. Just freaking DO IT and see where it leads.

I can just see poor Stan trying to contact Wikipedia good lord

That's not so easy.

Even if he did hey I'm Stan Lee

Prove it

Anyway Stan's memory of what he created seems to be in some question so not sure it would even help

I spent about an hour trying to figure out how to contact Gilliam. Wiki makes this very difficult. So I posted my message to him.

Stop playing a victim.

No one is roasting you over coals.

I can just see poor Stan trying to contact Wikipedia good lord

That's not so easy.

Even if he did hey I'm Stan Lee

Prove it

Kav, just STOP IT. Stan is a MEDIA FREAKING MOGUL. TV, Movies, Internet, Comics, Companies and Corporations and on and on. Stan himself or people working for him can pull this off easier than pulling a wing off a perfectly cooked chicken. Either do it or don't. Heck - you could end up with a Stan Lee letter!

Stop playing a victim.

Back handed insults qualifies as roasting in my book

BUT... that would be the sensible thing to do. To see what I am talking about go to the page history of the page and check out the revision history.

Feel free to donate to Wikipedia

Stop playing a victim.

Back handed insults qualifies as roasting in my book

BUT... that would be the sensible thing to do. To see what I am talking about go to the page history of the page and check out the revision history.

Feel free to donate to Wikipedia

1 - It would be the sensible thing to do (read it in context)

2 - I disagree with your reasoning behind not donating. Just as you are free to tell people NOT to donate. I am free to tell people that they should especially if I do not believe your reasoning to be sound.

:shrug:

That makes sense I stand corrected-I am not being roasted. I just don't have the skills to accomplish this but maybe someone else can do it.

I think anonymous edits also get closer scrutiny by Wiki-the other edits I made I had an account.

Look we're trying to be civil to each other you aren't helping!

The collector who received the FFF certificate is Terry Levin. Terry gave me permission to release his name. He stated that he takes no credit for anything other than believing it was time to name the character and that Stan agreed to use Sharon Carter. That he would be listed in the Wikipedia listing is cool, but again, he's a low-key guy who loves comics, not a glory hound. He's as nice a guy as I've ever met in this hobby.

Here's the certificate.

FFF%20Cert_zpsrvd9o6nm.jpg

What I think is really cool about this "certificate" is that it's simply a hand-written note on Marvel stationary. It's clearly written by Stan (and not Flo or some other secretary), and it probably took him a minute or two. It's personal. It's real. And it's very, very rare.

I wonder how many of these things Stan actually presented...

Amazing!

:applause:

Now how about some compensation for using the name for 40+ years!

:sumo:

Just kidding.