• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Met a Documented Fearless Front Facer - New! Image of Certificate.

75 posts in this topic

My memory may be failing, but I could swear there's an LOC in Captain America or a later TOS where a fan brings up the lack of a first name for Agent 13 and suggests Sharon Carter.

I wonder if Terry Levin was that guy, and if the letter was published, wouldn't that be proof enough for Wiki?

If I get around to it I may dig out my TOS - Captain America longbox and see if I can find it, or see if it's just a figment of my imagination.

My memory may be failing, but I could swear there's an LOC in Captain America or a later TOS where a fan brings up the lack of a first name for Agent 13 and suggests Sharon Carter.

I wonder if Terry Levin was that guy, and if the letter was published, wouldn't that be proof enough for Wiki?

If I get around to it I may dig out my TOS - Captain America longbox and see if I can find it, or see if it's just a figment of my imagination.

That could do it!

Nice work

Well, I pulled the long box and went through some issues and didn't find a letter suggesting Sharon Carter as Agent 13's name.

Since Cap #103 was the issue where Sharon's name was revealed, I started there and worked back and forward a bit.

I looked all the way back to TOS #77, 2 issues after Agent 13's first appearance and looked forward to Cap #119.

Interestingly enough, there was a letter from a Terry Levin in Captain America #103, the very issue where we learn Sharon's name. In it Terry suggests a permanent relationship between Steve and Agent 13, however he doesn't suggest the name in the letter, as it was printed.

Oh well, my memory... as I said.

However, it was cool seeing letters from guys like Walt Simonson and Tony Isabella when they were just fans.

I'm still gonna keep looking forward for a few more issues, just to see if it was mentioned on down the line.

When Terry described the letter he wrote to Stan, he didn't mention that the letter was printed. Thinking about it, I believe it had to be printed too. Hopefully you can find it.

Either way, the fact that he's got a published letter in Cap 103 about Sharon Carter... between that and the certificate, you're arguably already there! (thumbs u (Great job unca ben!)

Well, I pulled the long box and went through some issues and didn't find a letter suggesting Sharon Carter as Agent 13's name.

Since Cap #103 was the issue where Sharon's name was revealed, I started there and worked back and forward a bit.

I looked all the way back to TOS #77, 2 issues after Agent 13's first appearance and looked forward to Cap #119.

Interestingly enough, there was a letter from a Terry Levin in Captain America #103, the very issue where we learn Sharon's name. In it Terry suggests a permanent relationship between Steve and Agent 13, however he doesn't suggest the name in the letter, as it was printed.

However, it was cool seeing letters from guys like Walt Simonson and Tony Isabella when they were just fans.

I'm still gonna keep looking forward for a few more issues, just to see if it was mentioned on down the line.

When you mentioned the letter column letter from Terry, I had a thought, so I went to the Grand Comics Database (comics.org), which often indexes letter columns. A search on "Terry Levin" does indeed bring up the Cap #103, but no other Caps. A few DC Detectives, and an Amazing Spider-Man, but nothing else.

Of course they don't always cover everything completely, but I was hoping for a lead.

When you mentioned the letter column letter from Terry, I had a thought, so I went to the Grand Comics Database (comics.org), which often indexes letter columns. A search on "Terry Levin" does indeed bring up the Cap #103, but no other Caps. A few DC Detectives, and an Amazing Spider-Man, but nothing else.

Of course they don't always cover everything completely, but I was hoping for a lead.

Great detective work, everyone!

This is belongs here.

FFF

:shy:

It's a bit of a long story (which you can find by following that link up there), but a few years ago for my now defunct blog, I decided to try and earn the title of Fearless Front Facer, as I had already achieved the other hallowed ranks of Marveldom by earning a No-Prize, having a letter published in Avengers #353, etc.

I made a video asking Stan to give me the opportunity to prove myself - basically, I was thinking he'd assign me some tasks like Hercules or something - and earn the title. Luckily, I kinda knew Tom Brevoort from the internet, so I contacted him and he forwarded the video to Stan. Stan then decided based on the stuff I had in my video that I had already done enough, so he awarded me the title of Fearless Front Facer. No cool certificate, though; it was via email from Stan (or someone using the internet on his behalf, anyway).

I forget everything I had in the video to convince Stan, but the main thing is that when I was 16, my parents were going to get me a car, but I turned it down in favor of a beat up copy of Avengers #1. That car is no doubt in the rust pile by now, but I still have my Avengers #1 - and the title of Fearless Front Facer. So I think I made the right call. :blush:

So I made another wikipedia edit on another topic and it has stood the test of time further confirming my belief that deleting edits is somewhat arbitrary and if you are unlucky enough to get some gung ho guy your edit gets removed.

For the past couple days I've been working out of town. I found a dairy queen halfway home that has free wifi so I've been stopping there to stretch the legs and get some lunch and send off my reports. I noticed there is an older man on his laptop there every day. Yesterday I sat behind him and it appeared he was on a comic book message forum, but it didn't look familiar. I didn't want him to think I was reading over his shoulder so I didn't say anything. Not quite as cool as your story but I kind of ate near someone who might like comics lol