• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crow Registry Sets

103 posts in this topic

Gemma has asked me to start a thread on an issue involving two of The Crow Registry sets.

Here is my original comment -

While reviewing the different Crow Registry sets, I noticed that

Deadworld 10 is worth 50 points in the Crow (Complete) set,

however the same book

Deadworld 10 is non-competitive and worth 0 points in the Crow (Chapter One) set.

I am requesting that Deadworld 10 gives points in all sets at this time.

Thanks!

Reed

To me, it makes no sense to have a comic award competitive points in one set, yet be noncompetitive in another, similar set.

Like I have stated above, I would like to see it award points across the board.

I wold like fellow Boardies to weigh in with their thoughts, as well as vote in the poll listed below.

Thank you for your time and input.

Thanks,

Reed

You really want to pass mschmidt, huh?

It doesn't contain any piece of the actual original story other than the back page is a advertisment for the book. I think Chapter One should only include the pieces of the story that complete "Chapter One."

I think it should remain as non-competitive. 2c:sorry:

It doesn't contain any piece of the actual original story other than the back page is a advertisment for the book. I think Chapter One should only include the pieces of the story that complete "Chapter One."

I am curious to know why it has been established that it awards points in one set, but not another.

One set is named "Crow (Complete)" because it includes every (or "complete") Crow book whereas the other - the set in question - is appropriately named: "Crow (Chapter One)" because it contains the full story of the first Crow... Chapter One.

Or maybe mschmidt really doesn't want anyone to pass him, huh?

I'm not trying to be combative, but it makes no sense to me the way it is set up at this present time.

And like Gemma advised, let the Board decide.

One set is named "Crow (Complete)" because it includes every (or "complete") Crow book whereas the other - the set in question - is appropriately named: "Crow (Chapter One)" because it contains the full story of the first Crow... Chapter One.

If this doesn't make sense to you - that Deadworld #10 doesn't have a single piece to the story OF Chapter One and the registry is named "Chapter One"... :sorry:

Then why is the book in the set in the first place?

Anyway, I'm not trying to start an argument, just get to the final decision the entire board believes it should be, as Gemma advised me to do.

If this doesn't make sense to you - that Deadworld #10 doesn't have a single piece to the story OF Chapter One and the registry is named "Chapter One"... :sorry:

Harvey, I am not going to get into a back and forth with you.

The poll will decide.

Thanks.

So take it out of the set. (shrug)

Start a poll.

I did start a poll, as I believe it should be competitive in both sets it is listed in.

And now we will see the final decision.

I did exactly as Gemma asked me to do.

You asked for an opinion. I'm active in the actual registry set in question. Do you want opinions that will only support your position? (shrug)

I am happy you are voicing your opinion.

Just not sure why you are pointing fingers at me instead of just voicing your opinion, and then letting the Board decide.

You asked for an opinion. I'm active in the actual registry set in question. Do you want opinions that will only support your position? (shrug)

I am happy you are voicing your opinion.

Just not sure why you are pointing fingers at me instead of just voicing your opinion, and then letting the Board decide.

I voted no,

...and I also 'manage' sexyghoul's Crow set and she happens to have a sweet CGC 9.6 Deadworld #10 too.

My opinion, it's a great book to own, but really doesn't belong in the main set. Books like these should only be put in the obverse gallery shot anyway and talked about there (it really enhances the book's description for that slot) and not be awarded a slot. My 2c

This was a compromise in the original discussion and is part of the problem with the registry. It was decided that it could be added but non-competitive as a compromise. If you don't like a non-competitive slot then remove it.

Also, having this discussion in hopes of passing someone at the last second after it being there all year is a little low.

Doc Joe said it best. There was a poll before I believe.

These debates seem to come up from time to time

I can understand both sides of the coin, it happened to a minor degree with Howard the Duck

Since its a few key strokes to change stuff or add stuff I am aways in favor of leaving the set as is, or adding that one book that has a strong connection to the story and presents original material

then make the second set containing everything/anything crow related, books with crows on the cover, books O'Bar read as a child, whatever you like.

Two sets are usually the way to go without disrupting too much the rankings content of the originial set.

Make a second set