• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crow Registry Sets

103 posts in this topic

Six total Deadworld #10's have been graded in all grades.

It is, and was, a very hard book to obtain, for me at least, and I had a lot of help.

Out of those six, each cover has one 9.8. Alas, I do not own one of those.

And, unless I am doing something incorrectly on GPA, there have been ZERO recorded CGC sales of this book. Ever.

Crazy!

Just some cool information I shared with the Crow Copper thread, and just wanted to share it in here as well.

It is a great book to own in high grade. When the raw one I bought came back in the mail as a potential 9.6 and possible weak 9.8, I thought I won the lottery. I bought Jen a set of CGC'd Crow books for our first Christmas (Crow 1-2, 4) for $300 and it was a good way to end our relationship with having that one graded for our last Christmas. It was one we tried to trackdown in high grade for all the years we were together. For that reason, I don't think she'll ever let her's go.

It's a great piece of art. I have the statue that is modeled after it. :cool:

And it fits perfectly in The Crow (Complete) Registry Set.

I think it should just be removed completely from the Chapter One set. 2c

Thank you for the post, Harvey.

I do not want to speak for her, but I believe this is what Gemma is looking for, along with the poll, when making her decision.

I'm glad someone has finally asked this question.

It's the first thing that came to my mind because it was oddly never addressed. as you just stated it was a points thing with you with this book.

If it was a passion thing, I would of have voted yes.

Something like how iconic Eric Draven has become to the Copper Age audience, how advertisements back then were crude appearances of great things to come before the Internet, how important this book is to the First Chapter set and how it will enhance the others in it if it was awarded points, etc.

But, you'll probably ignore all of these questions and just consider this instigation with a boardie with no stake in this.

I do not want to speak for her, but I believe this is what Gemma is looking for, along with the poll, when making her decision.

She already made her decision.

Some anonymous poll with the potential of asking a few friends to vote yes should not determine point value. This has already been discussed and any new members should try and show some respect for the time already invested.

Six total Deadworld #10's have been graded in all grades.

It is, and was, a very hard book to obtain, for me at least, and I had a lot of help.

Out of those six, each cover has one 9.8. Alas, I do not own one of those.

And, unless I am doing something incorrectly on GPA, there have been ZERO recorded CGC sales of this book. Ever.

Crazy!

Just some cool information I shared with the Crow Copper thread, and just wanted to share it in here as well.

This is often discussed on the boards about various books. It is likely very few actually look for it so the low census could reflect that. The census does not indicate the amount of available gradable copies.

I'm done for the night. Going to go enjoy some life.

Carry on, Boardies!

hm

You mentioned passive aggressive? Cheers!

I wasn't enjoying the conversation, so I stated I was done for the night (but I always get pulled back in!), and was encouraging others to continue with their thoughts.

How did you interpret this as me being passive aggressive? You read way more into things I say than I am trying to convey.

I like you Jeff, I do, but you are coming off as quite the instigator, and I really do not know why.

Can you please explain your quoted statement of implying I am being passive aggressive?

I would appreciate it.

I am reacting to what I see as a registry game player.

I read your "going to enjoy some life" comment as a jab that this is somehow not life.

Your response to Harvey was much more than you listed and was dismissive after you asked for feedback.

I know you got butt hurt over Beer Thirty's Y Set beating you, and it is obvious everywhere you post you are butt hurt about my Saga set winning.

If you have nothing to add to the actual topic, I don't know why you feel the need to continually post in it to get people riled up.

It all calms down, people post well thought out messages, then you hop back in with a

"Some anonymous poll with the potential of asking a few friends to vote yes should not determine point value. This has already been discussed and any new members should try and show some respect for the time already invested."

Because why...? Because change is always bad? Did you fail History class? lol

I have already stated, multiple times, mschmidt has a badass set, and even if I overtook him, how long do you think it would be before he easily overtook me back.

"I read your "going to enjoy some life" comment as a jab that this is somehow not life. "

I honestly have no idea wtf you are trying to say here. You are just reaching, and reaching, and reaching to cause irritation.

Jeff, you can go ahead and try to wound me with your words all you want. Now that I know what type of person you really are, it is not going to affect me in any way.

We are talking about comic books, man....

Comic books...

Gemma,

Can you chime in on this upon your return.

If true, as Jeff states, I would like to know in order to not waste my time in the future.

Thank you.

How was it NOT already decided? :D

A thread was started three years ago to discuss this same topic. The compromise and conclusion was to create multiple sets. This entire thread seems disingenuous due to the fact you knew this had already been discussed.

Leave the sets alone or remove Deadworld #10.

I know you got butt hurt over Beer Thirty's Y Set beating you, and it is obvious everywhere you post you are butt hurt about my Saga set winning.

If you have nothing to add to the actual topic, I don't know why you feel the need to continually post in it to get people riled up.

It all calms down, people post well thought out messages, then you hop back in with a

"Some anonymous poll with the potential of asking a few friends to vote yes should not determine point value. This has already been discussed and any new members should try and show some respect for the time already invested."

Because why...? Because change is always bad? Did you fail History class? lol

I have already stated, multiple times, mschmidt has a badass set, and even if I overtook him, how long do you think it would be before he easily overtook me back.

"I read your "going to enjoy some life" comment as a jab that this is somehow not life. "

I honestly have no idea wtf you are trying to say here. You are just reaching, and reaching, and reaching to cause irritation.

Jeff, you can go ahead and try to wound me with your words all you want. Now that I know what type of person you really are, it is not going to affect me in any way.

We are talking about comic books, man....

Comic books...

When did Ryan's Y set ever "beat" mine? I have already explained that I enjoyed the time and money savings from your Saga set being recognized.

Gemma,

If true, as Jeff states, I would like to know in order to not waste my time in the future.

Thank you.

A decision was already made and you are not bringing any new information to the table. Revisiting a topic is awesome if you have new information to add. Your reference to history repeating etc. is in regards to being doomed to repeat mistakes. This is not a mistake.

You have no idea what kind of person I am. You see my class A mess disturbing in this thread and my reluctance to sit quietly while some new participant wants to change established and discussed rules. Play the registry game and enjoy. :) Win within the rules instead of changing them to "win"

It's been three years.

You do not think minds could have changed in three years?

You do not think that there may be more Boardies interested in Crow Registry Sets that may want to see some changes?

Just because it is one way now, it does not mean it always has to be that way.

I also would have no issue with this change, if approved, not going into effect until after the Registry Awards, as that seems to be the major kickback here.

Do you think I'm going for a title with my collection? I obviously know I'm not going to win anything with it,

The best Crow set, by far, is mschmidt's Crow #1-#4 (Caliber).

If it hasn't won yet, mine sure as hell isn't. It is a thing of beauty.

My opinion on the matter has been stated over and over.

So has all of yours.

I hope others will not be intimidated by your attitudes, and will join in the conversation as well.

Gemma,

Thank you.

A decision was already made and you are not bringing any new information to the table. Revisiting a topic is awesome if you have new information to add. Your reference to history repeating etc. is in regards to being doomed to repeat mistakes. This is not a mistake.

You have no idea what kind of person I am. You see my class A mess disturbing in this thread and my reluctance to sit quietly while some new participant wants to change established and discussed rules. Play the registry game and enjoy. :) Win within the rules instead of changing them to "win"

You are right. I do not.

The sad thing is, is that I thought I did.

A thread was started three years ago to discuss this same topic. The compromise and conclusion was to create multiple sets. This entire thread seems disingenuous due to the fact you knew this had already been discussed.

Like I said Harvey, much can change in three years.

I have no idea what was originally discussed about this subject until the fellow boardie posted the link.

Unfortunately that link did not have the conclusion contained within it, so if someone has that link, I would love to read why the final decision was made the way it was.

I also do not understand why some take it so personal when someone questions a decision that was made 3 years ago.

The vote may come out as me being the only one wanting the change, and if so, no big deal, and I will carry on.

But why can't things like this be positive instead of so negative?

Like I said Harvey, much can change in three years.

I have no idea what was originally discussed about this subject until the fellow boardie posted the link.

Unfortunately that link did not have the conclusion contained within it, so if someone has that link, I would love to read why the final decision was made the way it was.

I also do not understand why some take it so personal when someone questions a decision that was made 3 years ago.

The vote may come out as me being the only one wanting the change, and if so, no big deal, and I will carry on.

I don't see negativity. I see pushback and rightfully so. Do you think it's fair that Michael, who has been playing by the rules and collecting a set suddenly has the rules changed on him? You say it was decided 3 years ago and want to revisit. The game is set, rules discussed and set. Why would they be revisited?

Gemma,

Thank you.

You are right. I do not.

The sad thing is, is that I thought I did.

And I have no idea why. (shrug)

Come on. :eyeroll:

The only reason why you brought this up now - a couple of weeks before the awards are given out - is that if points are awarded for this book, you'll have the top ranking set.

Convenient timing, no? Why wasn't this brought up months and months ago if you were so passionate about Deadworld #10. Or if winning the registry set isn't important to you, why not bring up this discussion AFTER the awards?

I'm being negative about it because I don't think your true concern is for the integrity of the set, but rather your intentions are to get you one more banner in your sig line. meh

Come on. :eyeroll:

The only reason why you brought this up now - a couple of weeks before the awards are given out - is that if points are awarded for this book, you'll have the top ranking set.

Convenient timing, no? Why wasn't this brought up months and months ago if you were so passionate about Deadworld #10. Or if winning the registry set isn't important to you, why not bring up this discussion AFTER the awards?

I'm being negative about it because I don't think your true concern is for the integrity of the set, but rather your intentions are to get you one more banner in your sig line. meh

lol , are you even reading my posts? I clearly stated that if the vote/decision/whatever passes, and it does award points in the Chapter One set, I would have no problem with the change not becoming official until after this year's awards.

Here is my actual post -

"It's been three years.

You do not think minds could have changed in three years?

You do not think that there may be more Boardies interested in Crow Registry Sets that may want to see some changes?

Just because it is one way now, it does not mean it always has to be that way.

I also would have no issue with this change, if approved, not going into effect until after the Registry Awards, as that seems to be the major kickback here.

Do you think I'm going for a title with my collection? I obviously know I'm not going to win anything with it,

The best Crow set, by far, is mschmidt's Crow #1-#4 (Caliber).

If it hasn't won yet, mine sure as hell isn't. It is a thing of beauty.

My opinion on the matter has been stated over and over.

So has all of yours.

I hope others will not be intimidated by your attitudes, and will join in the conversation as well."

I have been over this multiple times.

Instead of the conversation progressing, it is you and Jeff coming back on me over and over.

I just received my first CGC copy of DW 10. Literally 6 days ago. I entered it into my sets, and saw it was non-competitive. I brought it up to Gemma to see if points could be awarded for man reasons also already discussed over and over,

I recommend that you actually read what I post before acting like the huge you are coming across as.

And if you want to take this to PM so this thread doesn't keep getting cluttered with your nonsense, I would greatly appreciate it.

You guys are so worried about mschmidt and his trophy shelf, but he came in, voiced his opinion, and was done with it.

I don't understand why you can't do the same.

I'm receiving PM's about how you live and thrive on petty group up bullying, and after reading a lot of your past posts, I can see it is true.

Just let it go,man, and see what happens. Comic books are supposed to be fun (at least I think they should be), not about arguing and trying to create drama. I feeel like I'm talking to a 15 year old...