• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crow Registry Sets

103 posts in this topic

This was a compromise in the original discussion and is part of the problem with the registry. It was decided that it could be added but non-competitive as a compromise.

That's exactly what it was :thumbsup:

My opinion of this book remains the same as it was in the original discussion, though - it doesn't belong in the Chapter One set.

This was a compromise in the original discussion and is part of the problem with the registry. It was decided that it could be added but non-competitive as a compromise. If you don't like a non-competitive slot then remove it.

Also, having this discussion in hopes of passing someone at the last second after it being there all year is a little low.

I just realized, after receiving my first copy of this book, that it is listed as non-competitive in one of the two Crow sets it is entered in.

Thanks for trying to judge my character, especially over comic books, which only bring enjoyment and escapism to my life.

Doc Joe said it best. There was a poll before I believe.

These debates seem to come up from time to time

I can understand both sides of the coin, it happened to a minor degree with Howard the Duck

Since its a few key strokes to change stuff or add stuff I am aways in favor of leaving the set as is, or adding that one book that has a strong connection to the story and presents original material

then make the second set containing everything/anything crow related, books with crows on the cover, books O'Bar read as a child, whatever you like.

Two sets are usually the way to go without disrupting too much the rankings content of the originial set.

Make a second set

:gossip: There are actually three Crow sets at the moment.

I can understand both sides of the coin, it happened to a minor degree with Howard the Duck

Since its a few key strokes to change stuff or add stuff I am aways in favor of leaving the set as is, or adding that one book that has a strong connection to the story and presents original material

then make the second set containing everything/anything crow related, books with crows on the cover, books O'Bar read as a child, whatever you like.

Two sets are usually the way to go without disrupting too much the rankings content of the originial set.

Make a second set

Not when this was 1st discussed. :makepoint:

This was a compromise in the original discussion and is part of the problem with the registry. It was decided that it could be added but non-competitive as a compromise.

My opinion of this book remains the same as it was in the original discussion, though - it doesn't belong in the Chapter One set.

I read the original discussion back in 2011, that bleeds over into 2012, about the formation of the sets, but there was no resolution up through March of 2012.

Someone then told me the decision Gemma eventually made was posted in another thread, and I have been unable to find it.

I also understand that even if I did pass you in the one set where it is awards zero points, it would take minimal effort for you to reclaim it.

Even though some people want to attack me either directly or passive aggressively, I am not as big of an insufficiently_thoughtful_person as some of you may like to believe,

This all came from me wondering, "Hey, why is this non-competitive in this set when I believe it should be."

Then some people decided to freak out and take it personally, which I don't really understand.

This was a compromise in the original discussion and is part of the problem with the registry. It was decided that it could be added but non-competitive as a compromise. If you don't like a non-competitive slot then remove it.

Also, having this discussion in hopes of passing someone at the last second after it being there all year is a little low.

I just realized, after receiving my first copy of this book, that it is listed as non-competitive in one of the two Crow sets it is entered in.

Thanks for trying to judge my character, especially over comic books, which only bring enjoyment and escapism to my life.

Given that you asked for feedback and then dismissed the 1st person willing to discuss it I simply extrapolated. (thumbs u

Make a second set

Not when this was 1st discussed. :makepoint:

Well, I was not here when this was first discussed. How would I know that, when all I get for conversation around this place is angry, dismissive retorts?

And the poll is not going to be the mechanism to change it, Reed.

I did exactly what Gemma requested I do.

I encourage everyone to continue discussing the pros and cons of allowing DW #10 to award points in the Crow Chapter One Set.

I read the original discussion back in 2011, that bleeds over into 2012, about the formation of the sets, but there was no resolution up through March of 2012.

Someone then told me the decision Gemma eventually made was posted in another thread, and I have been unable to find it.

I also understand that even if I did pass you in the one set where it is awards zero points, it would take minimal effort for you to reclaim it.

Even though some people want to attack me either directly or passive aggressively, I am not as big of an insufficiently_thoughtful_person as some of you may like to believe,

This all came from me wondering, "Hey, why is this non-competitive in this set when I believe it should be."

Then some people decided to freak out and take it personally, which I don't really understand.

Read your responses to Harvey. That should explain it. (thumbs u

You really want to pass mschmidt, huh?

It doesn't contain any piece of the actual original story other than the back page is a advertisment for the book. I think Chapter One should only include the pieces of the story that complete "Chapter One."

I think it should remain as non-competitive. 2c:sorry:

I am curious to know why it has been established that it awards points in one set, but not another.

This is my first response to Harvey.

It is the first published artwork of the Crow character.

If that isn't chapter one, I do not know what is....

You still haven't given a reason WHY it should be awarded points in the "Chapter One" Registry Set. What does the book have to do with Chapter One's story?

3cb7bd59c7a5.gif

Sorry, missed this one.

I believed I just answered it a minute ago.

It is the first published depiction of the Crow character, and came out before CP 1.

That is why I believe it should be in the Chapter One Set, and award the same points as it does elsewhere in the Registry.

Okay, now I'm done, lol .

It's a great piece of art. I have the statue that is modeled after it. :cool:

And it fits perfectly in The Crow (Complete) Registry Set.

I think it should just be removed completely from the Chapter One set. 2c

I'm done for the night. Going to go enjoy some life.

Carry on, Boardies!

hm

You mentioned passive aggressive? Cheers!

I wasn't enjoying the conversation, so I stated I was done for the night (but I always get pulled back in!), and was encouraging others to continue with their thoughts.

How did you interpret this as me being passive aggressive? You read way more into things I say than I am trying to convey.

I like you Jeff, I do, but you are coming off as quite the instigator, and I really do not know why.

Can you please explain your quoted statement of implying I am being passive aggressive?

I would appreciate it.

It's a great piece of art. I have the statue that is modeled after it. :cool:

And it fits perfectly in The Crow (Complete) Registry Set.

I think it should just be removed completely from the Chapter One set. 2c

Thank you for the post, Harvey.

I do not want to speak for her, but I believe this is what Gemma is looking for, along with the poll, when making her decision.

Six total Deadworld #10's have been graded in all grades.

It is, and was, a very hard book to obtain, for me at least, and I had a lot of help.

Out of those six, each cover has one 9.8. Alas, I do not own one of those.

And, unless I am doing something incorrectly on GPA, there have been ZERO recorded CGC sales of this book. Ever.

Crazy!

Just some cool information I shared with the Crow Copper thread, and just wanted to share it in here as well.