• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

Holy Centaur Treasure Trove!

Not only Centaurs, right Michäel?

Anything non-DC or non-Timely (though there is a smattering of DCs in there). So pretty complete Fiction House, Prize, etc ... with a focus on pre-1940 books. I don't think we ever got to the MLJs so I don't know if they are there or not.

I remember when you posted that group shot the 1st time....then I was just thinking...wow! how beautiful to be present and see books like this all staring back at you! :cloud9:

Incredible books, it would be nice to see what MLJ's he had also, I'm sure they would make an amazing group shot as well.... hm

I don't think we ever got to the MLJs so I don't know if they are there or not.

MLJ's are tough too, in my opinion - I just don't see them at dealer booths at all (kinda like Centaurs).

I don't think we ever got to the MLJs so I don't know if they are there or not.

MLJ's are tough too, in my opinion - I just don't see them at dealer booths at all (kinda like Centaurs).

I've wondered about this too. There seems to be a bit higher demand for MLJs, so I don't know if they just sell more quickly, but good luck finding a Zip between 26 & 35 at a show.

I think I got upto 257 of the 290+ books. However if I had of stayed the course I might have competed. Several of the last 10 win needed I was able to assist him with so I will just live vicariously through his and Jon's collection (until one of them decide to sell to me )

And it took me 4 years FYI

I think I got upto 257 of the 290+ books. However if I had of stayed the course I might have competed. Several of the last 10 win needed I was able to assist him with so I will just live vicariously through his and Jon's collection (until one of them decide to sell to me )

hm that means it would take me about 40 years by comparison. By then it would be known as the Methuselah Collection. :preach:

My master plan is to stand on street corners and ask passersby if they have any... :idea:

hm that means it would take me about 40 years by comparison. By then it would be known as the Methuselah Collection. :preach:

My master plan is to stand on street corners and ask passersby if they have any... :idea:

alanna at Speakers' Corner in Hyde Park :preach: asking for Centaurs... brilliant!

alanna at Speakers' Corner in Hyde Park :preach: asking for Centaurs... brilliant!

Well it has as much chance of success as asking dealers! They're all collecting the darn things!

Hey Michael it's nice just to own a FP35 a great Arrow classic cover and yes i would say Centaurs are the rarest of the goldenage books.Just try to find some in decent shape that aren't locked in collections.For one example V2 #10 seven on the cgc cenus but how many exist in the raw state not to many i would think,and for being not respected as far as other publishers i would say that is changing along with there values.My two cents!
here's another one

fp210w-1_zps3da82c99.jpg

i've run across fewer centaurs over the years than any of the other major golden age publishers.

here's my funny pages v3 #8, arrow by gustavson, tarpe mills art:

n6jq79b7z3znfq0fg.jpg

funnypagescgc35_zps7e6f50ab.jpg

i was going to say that i've seen (and owned) more vol. 4 #1's (gerber 8) than this issue (gerber 7), but after seeing the last few pages of this thread i'm just joining the (very distinguished?) crowd :)

sh16sf3vz3dkva9fg.jpg

alanna posted the 8.0 I sold him fairly recently...I have a Fn copy too, but can't find scan...

i was going to say that i've seen (and owned) more vol. 4 #1's (gerber 8) than this issue (gerber 7), but after seeing the last few pages of this thread i'm just joining the (very distinguished?) crowd :)

sh16sf3vz3dkva9fg.jpg

alanna posted the 8.0 I sold him fairly recently...I have a Fn copy too, but can't find scan...

I'm thinking circumtance's copy might be even nicer than the one you sold me.

Hey Michael it's nice just to own a FP35 a great Arrow classic cover and yes i would say Centaurs are the rarest of the goldenage books.Just try to find some in decent shape that aren't locked in collections.For one example V2 #10 seven on the cgc cenus but how many exist in the raw state not to many i would think,and for being not respected as far as other publishers i would say that is changing along with there values.My two cents!
here's another one

fp210w-1_zps3da82c99.jpg

A "presentable" looking copy of a "key Centaur". :headbang:

Also it's a Centaur of which I don't own a copy :frustrated:

Edited by Blind Owl