• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

Thanks all! It feels nice to have put a (mini) run to rest before the New Year.

I have to say that if I was more grade-conscious, this would have been a lot more difficult. The #9 has quite a bit of tape, and an extra staple. The #5 (#1) has lots of chipping and cover is detached from book. The #8 is a 2.0 . However, all the issues have very nice supple pages, and look much nicer on the insides than the outsides, and personally, I'd rather have a lower grade copy with nice pages, vs. a better looking copy w/ slightly brittle pages!

After reading the Everett stories, I'd have to say this grouping stands out in terms of art, story and overall quality!! Lots of Timely-esque stories. Great artists... the first issues boasts Everett, Burgos (a great Iron Skull story with human-eating robot spiders!), Gustavson, T. Mills, and a nice Frank Thomas story. Fantastic stuff.

Thanks to Jon Berk who inspired me to actually aquire all the Everett AMAN's, based on his Comicbook Marketplace article on AMAN! thumbsup2.gif

No scan can do that book justice. It's just insanely nice in-hand. Honestly the coolest comic I have ever see in person. The colors and gloss are simply unreal and it looks and feels like it was printed yesterday. Truly a gem of the entire hobby. hail.gif

Holy flipping kee-rist! What pedigree and what did it set you back? Gorgeous!!!

Church copy. And let's just say I paid a "collector" price.

But you know what, no buyer's remorse. As adamstrange elloquently put it in a PM to me a while back, my employer pays me in dollars every single month, but has never yet paid me in Church Centaurs. Until he does, I'm forced to purchase these things at retail prices.

But you know what, no buyer's remorse. As adamstrange elloquently put it in a PM to me a while back, my employer pays me in dollars every single month, but has never yet paid me in Church Centaurs. Until he does, I'm forced to purchase these things at retail prices.

The hours I would work for that kind of payment!

STUNNING BOOK! hail.gifhail.gif

Hopefully you will let me gawk at it in Chicago next summer? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Great quote. Better book. All I can say is congrats!! hail.gif

Ok, this might be my favorite comic in my whole collection. Just arrived at Chez CentaurMan:

amazingmysteryvol25.jpg

Years ago I was offered that book but turned it down (sight unseen) because I already had a nice copy. Seeing this lovely scan I now wish I had been a greedy SOB and picked it up!

Maybe you'll consider selling your dupe to RyanH and get him off my back 27_laughing.gif

A seriously fabulous book CM, and a great way to end the year 893applaud-thumb.gif

STEVE

Ok, this might be my favorite comic in my whole collection. Just arrived at Chez CentaurMan:

amazingmysteryvol25.jpg

Wow, what an amazing book! I have been drooling over that copy ever since that "gray tone" thread awhile back. I was wondering if someone here was going to pick it up.

As huge fan of old school "Rapier and Raygun" style science fiction, let me just say:

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

amazingmysteryvol25.jpg

Years ago I was offered that book but turned it down (sight unseen) because I already had a nice copy. Seeing this lovely scan I now wish I had been a greedy SOB and picked it up!

Maybe you'll consider selling your dupe to RyanH and get him off my back 27_laughing.gif

A seriously fabulous book CM, and a great way to end the year 893applaud-thumb.gif

STEVE

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I'm way ahead of you Steve...

CentaurMan, that is fantastic. The best purchase of the year for anybody IMO!! I have been to that page on Metro's site many times... nice to see it deslabbed. A hearty congratulations from AMF 2/5's biggest fan!

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

And one more, this one kind of wacky:

funnypagesvol25.jpg

Love it! 27_laughing.gif