• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

BTW Its just great to see your books, raw, out of the bag, yummy sweet

+1. Will you be cracking out that AMF you just won? :baiting:

thanks everyone. and bunky, post whatever AMF silver surfer is referring to (if you haven't already)!

Well, I think they may be refering to a this new acquisition, but with great pause, and no intent to derail your current posting, you are after all the "new super star on the Centaur block". I for one am so very happy to see a long time seasoned collector with high grade stunning books, that save for the CGC boards we would never have the chance to see, Circumstances, I hand the Centaur thread back to you, please take center stage again, BB

ama2_126a-1.jpg

thanks everyone. and bunky, post whatever AMF silver surfer is referring to (if you haven't already)!

Well, I think they may be refering to a this new acquisition, but with great pause, and no intent to derail your current posting, you are after all the "new super star on the Centaur block". I for one am so very happy to see a long time seasoned collector with high grade stunning books, that save for the CGC boards we would never have the chance to see, Circumstances, I hand the Centaur thread back to you, please take center stage again, BB

ama2_126a-1.jpg

fantastic! i love that issue.

ama2_126a-1.jpg

I am wracking my brains but cant recall ever having seen another copy (bearing in mind I never get to shows in the USA, so don't know what turns up there from time to time.)

ama2_126a-1.jpg

I am wracking my brains but cant recall ever having seen another copy (bearing in mind I never get to shows in the USA, so don't know what turns up there from time to time.)

Alanna, In the past 15 years I 've seen just one other AMF 2/2 in low low grade, but I'm sure other collectors like Circumstances, Adam Strange, Jon Berk, etc have this buried in cold storage. BB

Alanna, In the past 15 years I 've seen just one other AMF 2/2 in low low grade, but I'm sure other collectors like Circumstances, Adam Strange, Jon Berk, etc have this buried in cold storage. BB

I know Jon Verzyl had one up for auction in about 2007 or so, but other than that, I haven't seen one available either. Our own Sacentaur was good enough to sell me his dupe, otherwise I may never have had a chance at one.

2.jpg

I know Jon Verzyl had one up for auction in about 2007 or so, but other than that, I haven't seen one available either. Our own Sacentaur was good enough to sell me his dupe, otherwise I may never have had a chance at one.

2.jpg

SACentaur, dupe? that mus mean he has a nicer higher grade copy? What about it Steve, lets see it, BB

2.jpg

Love this cover. :cloud9:

2.jpg

SACentaur, dupe? that mus mean he has a nicer higher grade copy? What about it Steve, lets see it, BB

Sorry to disappoint but RyanH actually got the better copy - I kept the undercopy (which is restored) because it had white pages.

For better or worse, I'm following that trend with some of my other Centaurs as well (I actually dropped off a few books with CGC at WonderCon).

I actually dropped off a few books with CGC at WonderCon).
:takeit:

2.jpg

Sweet!

My small (but tasty!) selection of Centaurs, does not, alas, contain this little jewel. :(

2.jpg

Sorry to disappoint but RyanH actually got the better copy - I kept the undercopy (which is restored) because it had white pages.

For better or worse, I'm following that trend with some of my other Centaurs as well (I actually dropped off a few books with CGC at WonderCon).

Steve we simply do not believe you unless you post scans. :taptaptap:

Steve we simply do not believe you unless you post scans. :taptaptap:

Haha, the gauntlet is thrown - OK will do, but I'm at the mercy of CGC and their turnaround times at the moment.

I've never posted this before because it is the worst book in my collection: restored, punch-holed, and trimmed... but somehow I still love it.

AMF22001_zps9d729e47.jpg