• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

Welcome to the Boards, and the joy of Centaur collecting.

That is my post quoted first - hard to believe it was 30 years ago.

And congrat's on having a stack of Claire Moes - wonderful books. :cloud9:

circumstances: Welcome to the Boards! :hi: We'd love to see pictures/scans of any Centaur you can share with the group.

sacentaur: Welcome Back! :hi: Been wondering whether you were okay.

Glad this thread is alive again and welcome fellow Centaur lover,the challenge with these books is to be at the right place and time before they're gone.Again Welcome!

Edited by comicjack

Welcome Circumstances! These boards have been a wonderful source for Centaur info, as well meeting boardies that have hooked me up with some difficult issues.

Looking forward to seeing some Centaurs from your collection. :wishluck:

thanks for all the warm welcomes. i don't have a scanner, but i'll see what a picture from my blackberry looks like when i post it on here in the next few days. should be fun. but just from reading the first 30 or 40 pages it seems Jon Berk has every issue, and lots of you guys have the Larson, or Church copies of many of the books! all awesome and daunting at the same time :P

one cool centaur story is when i met will eisner for the first time in 1984. i had a copy of funny picture stories #4 with me (no idea why), and when i showed it to him and told him it had some of his work from 1937 he said he didn't have any recollection of having artwork in that issue.

he asked to see it, and i took it out and he looked through it. the look on his face and the conversation we had about the art in that issue was priceless. he wanted to sign the cover with one of those thick silver signature pens, but i wasn't having any of that on a nice grade FPS #4 from 1937 (what are there, 20 or 30 in world? less?). he did convince me to let him sign it in regular blue ink twice. once in the margin below the eisner story, and once again on the eisner two page centerfold (iirc). if those interior signatures decrease the value to someone else, doesn't matter. i'm not selling. :) and to give him the opportunity to sign something he loved and didn't even remember until i showed it to him, was well worth it.

Nice acquisition, Bunky!!! That's a real feather in your Centaur cap.

Thanks Ryan, to you and all the posters, who love,collect and appreciate the Centaurs (thumbs u

i'm late to this party, brian---congrats on an heirloom-quality comic. just gorgeous.

You should not have a ? in the URL and there should be an extension like .jpg with the file name.

ok, here we go. first attempt at posting. i took a picture of one of my gerber 8's in nice condition, let's see how it looks :)

1abjzjvdmnxt365fg.jpg

WOW. Killer first book post! Can't wait to see more!

Agreed! :applause:

ok, here we go. first attempt at posting. i took a picture of one of my gerber 8's in nice condition, let's see how it looks :)

1abjzjvdmnxt365fg.jpg

WOW. Killer first book post! Can't wait to see more!

Agreed! :applause:

No kidding. The condition looks a bit better than "nice" (although your modesty is most welcome). The colors are intense. :headbang: