• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

On 7/21/2021 at 10:04 PM, comicjack said:

I was going over a few recent HA sales this one caught my eye a vg copy of Amazing man 9 going for $3600 :ohnoez:

Now you have to post your copy :baiting:

On 7/21/2021 at 9:04 PM, comicjack said:

I was going over a few recent HA sales this one caught my eye a vg copy of Amazing man 9 going for $3600 :ohnoez:

I saw this too, and as someone needing a copy, I was not happy.  Why is this issue so valued compared to others around it, also by Everett and featuring great art and stories?  Maybe buyers are finally catching on to how cool and rare these books are...

On 7/24/2021 at 9:49 AM, mwotka said:

I saw this too, and as someone needing a copy, I was not happy.  Why is this issue so valued compared to others around it, also by Everett and featuring great art and stories?  Maybe buyers are finally catching on to how cool and rare these books are...

It is tougher to find it your looking to complete the run like the 25 and 26 

On 7/26/2021 at 5:14 PM, Zolnerowich said:

Such an amazing gathering of Centaurs. All those Arrows make my head :ohnoez: !

Here is a recent pickup for your amusement.

0DF0D8AF-6440-4A12-92BF-266ED1DDE792.jpeg.c381834a9bc0b6b30481a9ba8859f10c.jpeg

:golfclap:Ah, Z, two Centaurs!

I think we are both in denial that our fixation with Centaurs is only 'casual pick up' status lol

Nice scores buddy!

On 7/26/2021 at 9:19 PM, sagii said:

:golfclap:Ah, Z, two Centaurs!

I think we are both in denial that our fixation with Centaurs is only 'casual pick up' status lol

Nice scores buddy!

Thanks C! You have hit the nail on the head! But how can it be a fixation when it feels so good??? :roflmao:  

On 7/24/2021 at 6:49 AM, mwotka said:
On 7/21/2021 at 7:04 PM, comicjack said:

Well, your question here actually got me curious and made me go to check this up in the Overstreet guide. (thumbsu

According to Overstreet, the Magician from Mars story (whatever that is (shrug)) was swiped into the Specte story for More Fun 54 & 55.  The real reason though, besides its rarity, is probably due to the fact that Overtstreet states that this issue of Amazing-Man 9 is tied with Marvel Mystery 4 as the first Nazi war cover on a comic book.  :gossip: