• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

On 1/27/2022 at 7:09 AM, circumstances said:

Funny Pages V2#11, November, 1938.

2nd appearance of the Arrow.

161255943_10158894742756675_5984615906465737354_n.jpg

One would never know  what lies inside by looking at the cover very undervalued imho

Edited by comicjack

On 1/27/2022 at 2:06 PM, sagii said:

One of these just came up for auction on C'Link (other guys slab and SB PQ). Not sure where it closed at. 

i see it, but you have to have an account to see where it closed (3.5, slightly brittle, conserved).

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dfunny%2Bpages%26ItemType%3DCB%26CBCS%3DYES%23Item_1535965&id=1535965&itemType=0

Edited by circumstances

On 1/27/2022 at 12:50 PM, circumstances said:
On 1/27/2022 at 11:06 AM, sagii said:

One of these just came up for auction on C'Link (other guys slab and SB PQ). Not sure where it closed at. 

i see it, but you have to have an account to see where it closed (3.5, slightly brittle, conserved).

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dfunny%2Bpages%26ItemType%3DCB%26CBCS%3DYES%23Item_1535965&id=1535965&itemType=0

Well, from what I can see, it looks like it closed at $452 which looks like a pretty strong price considering that it is Conserved and also have Slightly Brittle pages which is normally a killer for most books.  Especially surprising since that works out to a 50% premium to the stated condition guide value of $305. :applause:

From my personal POV, I feel that these Funny Pages with the early Arrow appearances doesn't come into the marketplace very often and are extremely tough to find, especially in grade and you need to mannup and grab them when they do show up.  :luhv:  :takeit:

On 1/28/2022 at 2:11 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, from what I can see, it looks like it closed at $452 which looks like a pretty strong price considering that it is Conserved and also have Slightly Brittle pages which is normally a killer for most books.  Especially surprising since that works out to a 50% premium to the stated condition guide value of $305. :applause:

From my personal POV, I feel that these Funny Pages with the early Arrow appearances doesn't come into the marketplace very often and are extremely tough to find, especially in grade and you need to mannup and grab them when they do show up.  :luhv:  :takeit:

$452 does seem healthy!

On 1/28/2022 at 2:11 AM, lou_fine said:

Agreed! 

While there will always be many that that would be a deal breaker for, there is obviously a growing number of collectors that don't mind this as they see it as subjective and on rarities like this the opportunity to grab a copy is so seldom they are ok with it.  

On 1/28/2022 at 10:18 AM, sagii said:

Agreed! 

While there will always be many that that would be a deal breaker for, there is obviously a growing number of collectors that don't mind this as they see it as subjective and on rarities like this the opportunity to grab a copy is so seldom they are ok with it.  

They better dig damn deep when I decide to sell!

On 1/29/2022 at 7:15 AM, comicjack said:

I remember getting out bid on the Mile High copy which was at 5.5 back then.I see it has been pressed to 8.0 since those days but still a sight to behold.I was on a mission just to get a copy and this came along not a cover that would attract an Arrow collector.:bigsmile:

102_5991.thumb.JPG.c555d8a617bf50bcc42f470961d6bbbd.JPG

Awesome!

Never had this one!

I'll post another book on Monday.

On 1/29/2022 at 7:15 AM, comicjack said:

I remember getting out bid on the Mile High copy which was at 5.5 back then.I see it has been pressed to 8.0 since those days but still a sight to behold.I was on a mission just to get a copy and this came along not a cover that would attract an Arrow collector.:bigsmile:

102_5991.thumb.JPG.c555d8a617bf50bcc42f470961d6bbbd.JPG

Another great one! Who'd ever think a character like the Arrow debuts within these pages? Early Key here.