• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you CGC this X-Men 141?

29 posts in this topic

I would never grade this cause there is a frikken' corner crease in the bottom right corner. Get some eyes on ya, will ya!!
893naughty-thumb.gif That's not a crease. That's part of the coloring. Scanner didn't pick that up real well.

My 141 doesn't appear to have that line in the BRC.

I would never grade this cause there is a frikken' corner crease in the bottom right corner. Get some eyes on ya, will ya!!
893naughty-thumb.gif That's not a crease. That's part of the coloring. Scanner didn't pick that up real well.

mine neither

That's a gradeable copy sure. Just be sure to hold both the front & back up to the light at an angle to make sure there are no impressions or dings. They'll nail you for those. This is one of the only Claremont/Byrne X-Men over #114 that isn't rapidly losing $ in 9.4. #129 is the other. There are so many copies of those books CGC'd right now that prices have been dropping really fast. 9.4's that were getting 75.00 a year ago are now 35.00 books, which isn't even guide. People are starting to realize just how many of these there are out there. #141 will always remain hot though. It gets almost twice as much as #142 right now.

That's a gradeable copy sure. Just be sure to hold both the front & back up to the light at an angle to make sure there are no impressions or dings. They'll nail you for those. This is one of the only Claremont/Byrne X-Men over #114 that isn't rapidly losing $ in 9.4. #129 is the other. There are so many copies of those books CGC'd right now that prices have been dropping really fast. 9.4's that were getting 75.00 a year ago are now 35.00 books, which isn't even guide. People are starting to realize just how many of these there are out there. #141 will always remain hot though. It gets almost twice as much as #142 right now.

Yeah, that's because CGC pushed back the years for Modern Grading to 1975, so that most of the Byrne X-Men can be graded as moderns. Blame CGC for drop in value of these books.

I'm probably not going to have it graded, just wanted to see what others thought about it.

well, the vote is 2-2, as to whether that is a corner crease in the LRC.

can't tell from the Gerber pics and my copy is buried to deep to get at. what's the verdict???