• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Showcase to target next?

26 posts in this topic

Showcase 4. 22 and 34 accounted for (all of them low grade - kind of my specialty :) ) - which one to target next?

I was thinking of doing a Flash run so 8, 13 and 14. But being a Superman fan am I compelled to get a copy of Showcase 9? What about SC17?

And, thanks to this board, I have a somewhat sudden desire to own Showcase 6 (which before signing up here I did not know the significance of - but first SA team + Kirby original = tough to resist).

Thoughts?

I'm gonna have to say Showcase 17 for sure. When DC does there space movie such as guardians with Marvel. The best character to look at is definitely Adam Strange.

Also, one that's interesting to me is showcase 60. First silver age appearance of the Spectre. Just my 2c

It's a tough choice to make. Personally, I miss my Challengers books a great deal..... I had a mini-run of all the Kirby issues..... SC 6, 7, 11, 12, and Challengers 1-8...... only a 6 is in the box now. They'll be less likely to spike in price, so you could logically wait on them. The 17 is probably a smart move.... as well as the rest of the Flash books. If you hold out for books with great color an page quality it will slow down the process for you and probably make it more fun..... but that's just me. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

.....while not Showcase, you should get and read a Challengers 3...... it will be a real eye opener in regards to historical significance.

Throw Showcase 55 into the rink up and coming purple cover.Goldenage heroes and Grundy appearance all in one book just my 2 cents. :blahblah:

If I were you I would try to find Showcase 20 before the Legends TV show comes on. Rip Hunter is going to headline it.

Will he be jumping a shark?

He may, but it will be a megalodon from 6 million years ago. lol

I would focus on upgrading your Showcase 4 and 22.

I would love to - but I like the lower grade copies (2.0-4.0) and have a mental block of spending a certain amount on one book (which prevents me from going high grade on mega keys - some of the less important/expensive showcase issues will be bought in higher grade, including the SC34 at some point).

I also love the SC55 and 60 - but just think they are in a different tier than SC 6, 8, 9, 13, 14 and 17 (both in terms of price and importance).

I think I am leaning SC 6 - but take the point that it is not likely to spike in price so it may be better to jump on another issue that may.

Curious as to why no love for SC9?

I would focus on upgrading your Showcase 4 and 22.

I would love to - but I like the lower grade copies (2.0-4.0) and have a mental block of spending a certain amount on one book (which prevents me from going high grade on mega keys - some of the less important/expensive showcase issues will be bought in higher grade, including the SC34 at some point).

I also love the SC55 and 60 - but just think they are in a different tier than SC 6, 8, 9, 13, 14 and 17 (both in terms of price and importance).

I think I am leaning SC 6 - but take the point that it is not likely to spike in price so it may be better to jump on another issue that may.

You can't go wrong with any of them. I think SC 17 or 6 would be the top choices.

I agree with you, SC 55 and 60 can come later. They're easy to find any time.

Curious as to why no love for SC9?

Lois Lane. :gossip:

Showcase #17 is the toughest of the bunch, IMHO, but the #20 & #34 are probably THE rising stars because of the Legends buzz. But the #6 is also a good one to target and a challenge as well. Good luck on your decision and happy hunting!

Since you are going after them all eventually don't target a specific one. Buy whatever book copy comes up that you like at the price you are willing to pay. Just aren't enough copies to wait for a specific one as sometimes it takes awhile to find the perfect copy in my experience.

I am partial however to the Flash books however. Eventually I would like to have all four.