• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

100 percent complete! Whitman set

28 posts in this topic

Hello Vane,

In answer to your question Black Hole 4 is one of the rare late 1980 low distribution pre-pack Whitman's. It is less rare than other books in this category according to the CGC census. Yet, I believe that the subject matter makes it more sought after. (issues #1-2 adapt the movie; issues #3-4 have the word "Beyond" next to the title and contain new adventures).

There was no 5 or 6 printed. #5, 6 were Scheduled for release, but never Printed (unpublished Artwork exists)

[RecalledComics Notes that: Black Hole #5 and #6 do seem to have been produced (hence the artwork looks like it has been published for those) but only in Spanish by Editorial Novaro]

Black Hole 4 is rare in high grade and my 9.8 copy has only two of known to exists.

rjrjr

If you want to see the results of the CGC registry awards for the past years click on this link or put it in your browser. The info about the awards is also there. I am hoping to be one of the three best in Bronz age and maybe even presentation. I worked hard on photos and book discriptions along with set description.

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/news/ViewArticle.aspx?IDArticle=4144