• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Of course you know,...This means "WAR" !!!

45 posts in this topic

Since this was post code I figured I'd toss it on to this thread.

721177-OFF21.jpg

721177-OFF21.jpg.ec2b0d177c5774ee64bb6f0d7c8330a6.jpg

Cover courtesy Grandenetti this time. (Not only is he still around, he has his own website.)

721178-GIC47.jpg

721178-GIC47.jpg.27fba39ea9d4ff69f02f72c9fd2b7ef3.jpg

Adam, if I haven't said it before, Welcome to the Boards! You've got some great stuff and have made some very insightful posts. Always great to have more veteran collectors on board to share their knowledge (and show off their gems).

Thanks, I'm having a blast! There are some very nice folks on the site sharing well-loved, low grade to high grade books.

I don't know why, but some of my scans were down in the other thead. So here they are again.

OAW 117 (CGC 9.4, C-OW)

721237-OAW117.jpg

OAW 164 (CGC 9.6, OW-W, Pacific Coast)

721238-OAW164.jpg

OAW 177 (CGC 9.8, OW-W, Pacific Coast)

721240-OAW177.jpg

never seen the treasure chests, even though i've lots about them. Memorial Day is inspiring.

I love the Treasure Chests! Definitely one of the toughest titles to collect and completely non-existent in high grade. Very impressive!

thumbsup2.gifJoe

they used to hand these out during class in catholic grammar school to the students who had subscriptions. interesting books - i have one messed up copy from 40 years ago. these covers are quite cool........... thumbsup2.gif

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love the Treasure Chests! Definitely one of the toughest titles to collect and completely non-existent in high grade. Very impressive!

Joe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

they used to hand these out during class in catholic grammar school to the students who had subscriptions. interesting books - i have one messed up copy from 40 years ago. these covers are quite cool...........

I wanted a challenge. One of the reasons why I started collecting TC's. Its so hard to find high grade issues. Not only were they handed out in class, but most had the kids name written in ink on the cover that was getting the comic. Also ones that were mailed had the address label glued right to the cover. Someday I'll start a TREASURE CHEST thread and post some of the more interesting covers.

The war issues and sport issues are my favorites.