• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here we go again

39 posts in this topic

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2015/06/04/marvel-comics-fall-relaunch/28452563/

And there are major upcoming debuts in the works, including the introduction of a new Wolverine in the Marvel Universe and an "incredible Hulk like no fan has ever seen before," Alonso says. "That's certain to be a topic of conversation. All the same people who yelled about female Thor are going to do the same thing about this Hulk.

However, he adds, "they're going to read the story and go, 'Oh God, they're on to something!' "

This is the line that jumped out at me... :facepalm:

"And if you're these new fans who maybe only jumped in this year when you saw the Avengers movie, you'll be able to pick up any of these comics and you will not need to know 50 years of backstory of anybody."

What happened to Marvel's plan to make a few MCU comic titles but keep the 616 separate?

Oh, I guess that ended whenever they decided that the Avengers Assemble book was suddenly a 616 title a few years back.

What happened to Marvel's plan to make a few MCU comic titles but keep the 616 separate?

Oh, I guess that ended whenever they decided that the Avengers Assemble book was suddenly a 616 title a few years back.

Avengers Assemble was a 616 title from the beginning. (shrug)

When I was a teenager, I never would have thought that Marvel movies would surpass Marvel comics.

When I was a teenager, I never would have thought that there would be a time when I didn't give a flying fornicate about Marvel at all.

When I was a teenager, I never would have thought that Marvel movies would surpass Marvel comics.

When I was a teenager, I never would have thought that there would be a time when I didn't give a flying fornicate about Marvel at all.

Your table for two with JoeCollector is ready now.

Not qualified. My arms are not breadstick enough.

Not qualified. My arms are not breadstick enough.

But it's Irish Times meatloaf...

Heck i was just waiting for them do a few movies now look!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2015/06/04/marvel-comics-fall-relaunch/28452563/

And there are major upcoming debuts in the works, including the introduction of a new Wolverine in the Marvel Universe and an "incredible Hulk like no fan has ever seen before," Alonso says. "That's certain to be a topic of conversation. All the same people who yelled about female Thor are going to do the same thing about this Hulk.

However, he adds, "they're going to read the story and go, 'Oh God, they're on to something!' "

''Oh God, they're on to something!' "

YEA, IT'S CALLED CRACK !!!!!!

Avengers Assemble was a 616 title from the beginning. (shrug)

I remember it being announced as an MCU title with a chance to use characters that they otherwise couldn't in the MCU (since they they didn't have the rights to them in film but did for comics)... maybe I'm totally wrong? Could have sworn...

Wow, great reporting... the "first time" Marvel is refreshing their existing comics line...

For the first time, the top publisher in the industry is freshening up its entire superhero line with 55 to 60 No. 1 issues for its books

And those genius writers at Marvel just can't keep themselves away from those What If file copies, can they? doh!

The relaunched Thor comic— starring a hammer-wielding heroine that was recently revealed as Jane Foster

95156674296.10.gif