• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,641 posts in this topic

I would not say "tanned" based on the scans I've seen you post. You have attractive copies that are typical of what you can find from that era. Most of my copies are White Mountains that have an extra "ounce" or two of gloss.

Your's is definitely a beautiful copy. Any reason you've never gotten it graded?

What do you mean? I'm sure Adam has already graded this book himself! :cool:

attractive copies that are typical of what you can find from that era.

I don't think I would call them typical. VG would be "typical" and his don't quite fit that bill.

:blush: They are are very, very difficult to find in the grade that he's found them in and those are also attractive copies that aren't tanned.

I would not say "tanned" based on the scans I've seen you post. You have attractive copies that are typical of what you can find from that era. Most of my copies are White Mountains that have an extra "ounce" or two of gloss.

Your's is definitely a beautiful copy. Any reason you've never gotten it graded?

I haven't come up with any reasons to grade it. (shrug)

I haven't come up with any reasons to grade it. (shrug)

I can respect that.

Go to the grading thread to see more of Cheetah's beauties. Pretty amazing.

Thanks, man, it's nice to know good books are appreciated. Still can't believe I have them.

You have some incredible books. Would you mind sharing where they came from? Original owner collection maybe?

Fantastic stuff, hope you will post more!

OO collection that I got to cherry pick. It's possible some others may come up in the future. If they do, I'll post around the board to give people a heads up.

Oh, no need to post, just PM me and I will make sure they go to a good home (mine). :grin:

If you only knew the number of PMs people have already requested! Just as long as you are all in line behind me.

I'm sure the PMs started flying about two seconds after you hit submit on the first post with scans of them!

About right. They look very nice but the page quality isn't as good as it could be. They were stored in a warehouse for decades and have gotten pretty tanned. I think this is very noticeable when you compare a JIM 66 that AdamStrange posted versus mine:

AdamStrange's:

JIM66.jpg

Mine:

JIM66FC.jpg

That yellowing doesn't bother me in the least on an early SA book. Just makes it look it's age!

The collection has plenty of oddballs in it. These two are really beautiful copies. I posted them in the grading section if you want to take a shot.

UnknownWorlds2FC.jpg

UnknownWorlds4FC.jpg

The cover artist, Ogden Whitney, was also the artist for Herbie the Fat Fury.

Ogen Whitney

That yellowing doesn't bother me in the least on an early SA book. Just makes it look it's age!

I'm looking forward to CGC putting you guys on staff. I like your grading style!

I'm sure the PMs started flying about two seconds after you hit submit on the first post with scans of them!

I never get PMs after I post a book. :(

Enough of that low grade *spoon*. Post some SA 9.9s and you'll generate some interest. :baiting:

I never get PMs after I post a book. :(

Enough of that low grade *spoon*. Post some SA 9.9s and you'll generate some interest. :baiting:

Only if they were Marvels. :(

Really sharp and bright copy.

flash113.jpg

DC Colors! :cloud9:

In the Decade thread, but it belongs here too.

The Brave and the Bold 35, May 1961, 2nd SA Hawkman by Kubert, 1st Matter Master. Lots of minor defects, but quite a buy for $8.50!

53667-B&B35.jpg

Jack