• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,644 posts in this topic

Adam...you amaze me! lol

I know, he just whips out a pristine book from 1956 to illustrate his point. Man, what a book.

It really is spectacular! And that wonderful purple tone is special!

It's just a 9.0 Bethlehem copy. :blush:

The large and rather intrusive stamps ran from March 1955 through to November 1956. They then became a little smaller. At the time many readers would have hated their presence; now they seem natural...

The ginormous CCA stamps appear on some DC comics published during Apr - Jun of 1956, though it was not applied uniformly across the titles.

Not a high grade, but tight and solid.

IMG_0001.jpg

Great cover! Shiverbones would get a kick out of this!

Here is a new book I picked up. There is not enough love out there for those early issues with that ol' Time Master, Rip Hunter!

SHOWCASE_21.jpg

That cover kind of reminded me of THIS cover:

HOS_07.jpg

CIRCE ROCKS!!!

Edited by AtlasFan

Congrats on the Showcase 21. Not an easy one.

I agree on there not being enough love for Rip. That was just a great idea for a series. The possibilities were limitless. The writers didn't always make the most of those possibilities, but still there were some great issues, especially the Kubert ones.

Great Detective!

Just got this one from Ebay. Took a chance and I'm pretty happy with it. It was a miracle it got here in one piece though: the seller put it inside a plastic sleeve from a photo album and stuck it in an envelope! doh!

It's got art by Kirby, Meskin, and Cardy.

TOU18.jpg

3298703372_db2a267a6e_o.jpg

Sweet!!! :o

And it's a got a classic Robin corner shock pose cover!