• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,655 posts in this topic

Thanks! I have been on a roll with the Lois issues this year. I have another on the way bringing me to three left to complete the set.

Of all of the Lana covers, this one is my favorite:

ll7.jpg

Best Lana and a classic DC 50s cover!

Congrats Danny on your Lois Lane acquistion. Funny, I too have beautiful copies of the same two issues. They're among my favorite DCs. BTW, on a sadder note, my dad passed away Saturday evening. We laid him to rest today. I believed you met him briefly at my wedding back in 2004. I told him about you many times. Be Well, Steve.

Thanks! I have been on a roll with the Lois issues this year. I have another on the way bringing me to three left to complete the set.

ll7.jpg

You romantic!

I can't compete with Danny's (Silver's) Superboy fantastic Superboy collection, but here's a beautiful copy of one of my favorite Lana Lang covers:

That's an excellent copy of that issue Steve.I remember you showed it to me in person at the SDCC back in the 90's. I have wanted it ever since :shy:

ll7.jpg

Congrats Danny on your Lois Lane acquistion. Funny, I too have beautiful copies of the same two issues. They're among my favorite DCs. BTW, on a sadder note, my dad passed away Saturday evening. We laid him to rest today. I believed you met him briefly at my wedding back in 2004. I told him about you many times. Be Well, Steve.

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.

It's interesting to hear that several of us are finding something special in these particular issues as, prior to this, I've not heard others thinking of them as favorites or classic. LL 7 does approach classic DC status for me.

ll7.jpg

It's interesting to hear that several of us are finding something special in these particular issues as, prior to this, I've not heard others thinking of them as favorites or classic. LL 7 does approach classic DC status for me.

THanks, Adam Strange for your condolences. My dad was a good man.

There has been talk before about Lois Lanes #7 and #26 being such strong favorite covers. Many from this title are unremarkable or just plain silly. The same is true for Jimmy Olsen.

With LL #7 and #26 we see covers that are interesting with closer examination. A bit (in concept) like some Charles Schulz images - the characters are being thoughtful, and we can almost expand both scenes in our imaginations.

Basically, both covers are great viewing!

Here are my copies, to add to the growing parade...

LoisLane7.jpg

LoisLane26.jpg

Edited by steelcity

ll7.jpg

THanks, Adam Strange for your condolences. My dad was a good man.

I'm sorry too. Hang in there.

I've always been partial to redheads in comic books. Mera, Hawkgirl, and yes, Lana. Here's one of my favorite covers featuring her.

Superboy98.jpg

There has been talk before about Lois Lanes #7 and #26 being such strong favorite covers. Many from this title are unremarkable or just plain silly. The same is true for Jimmy Olsen.

With LL #7 and #26 we see covers that are interesting with closer examination. A bit (in concept) like some Charles Schulz images - the characters are being thoughtful, and we can almost expand both scenes in our imaginations.

LoisLane7.jpg

LoisLane26.jpg

Beautiful copies, Ian! Fantastic Colors. Great Books!

LoisLane7.jpg

LoisLane26.jpg

If we are gonna throw out best LL 10 cent covers we cannot leave out 15. C'mon guys, I know you got better copies than mine:

ll15.jpg

Does anyone havel all three black covered panel issues? Adventure 248 and Superman 132? All three of these are tough and cool!

Why am I saying this, I need a Adventure 248 and a upgrade to Superman 132 :shy:

Oh, and Ian, if anyone was gonna trump my 9.2 LL 26 it was gonna be you lol

Your LL #15 is a nice looking book, Danny. A couple of high grade copies have recently emerged after a long time with none around.

adamstrange has a magnificent Adventure #248, probably nicer than my copy but it's hard to say either way. Here is mine:

AdventureComics248.jpg

I still remember my first Superman #132. It seemed an exotic book, so distant in time. I have never found a NM one though I am happy with this fresh looking copy, which has many high grade features and is visually pleasing:

Superman132.jpg

I didn't realize that the LL 15 and Superman are more similiar to eachother than the Adventure, but now seeing all three like that it's obvious.

Georgous copies of both books Ian, do you have a Lois 15 as well?

That Superman 132 is awesome...those of us who know about SA Superman know it's a horrible book to locate above VG.

I didn't realize that the LL 15 and Superman are more similiar to eachother than the Adventure, but now seeing all three like that it's obvious.

That Superman 132 is awesome...those of us who know about SA Superman know it's a horrible book to locate above VG.

My boxes are not that organized, so titles are split. My LL#15 is in one of the many boxes I still need to scan. All the boxes are a mix of titles so at least it will be an interesting task if I ever get around to actually doing more scans!

My boxes are not that organized, so titles are split. My LL#15 is in one of the many boxes I still need to scan. All the boxes are a mix of titles so at least it will be an interesting task if I ever get around to actually doing more scans!

The disadvantage of being organized is that you never have the joy of finding a book that you forgot you owned.

Here's my copy of Superman 146, one of my all-time favorite books. Just Love IT! The OSPG lists it as a classic cover; I believe CGC should have done the same on its label. I wonder why they didn't.

I think it's fair to say that all SA DC collectors love this book, and in particular, your copy. What a beauty - about the nicest I have ever seen!