• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,641 posts in this topic

What the heck -- they're dime covers so I'll post them here too.

Thanks to Seadevils!

More dime books.

Zee first two Mlle. Marie appearances.

StarSpangledWar84.jpg

StarSpangledWar85.jpg

Showcase 28

Showcase28.jpg

Jack

I thought those pictures looked like Seadevil's. Recognized the tile background.

Nice books, the Flash's are classics and some day I want to read the first Mlle. Marie appearances.

I bought this book at Wondercon. Colors and gloss are newstand fresh.

Ken

rudolph1958.jpg

New scanner? :popcorn:

Nice copy! There's Peter Panda cover with a similar layout.

Do you have a copy of the Peter Panda?

Nope

Here is a new book I picked up. There is not enough love out there for those early issues with that ol' Time Master, Rip Hunter!

SHOWCASE_21.jpg

That cover kind of reminded me of THIS cover:

HOS_07.jpg

CIRCE ROCKS!!!

Then I picked up this little number....

CHALLS_13.jpg

Another great mythology-themed dark blue background cover. Are there any more of them out there?

They sure do look nice together!

Posted this in the greytone thread, but I don't know how many people read that one...

Recent arrival from Ebay. I'm pretty happy with it, although the colors are somewhat faded. I've wanted this issue for a long time...25 pages of classic Kubert art, plus it's the origin story of the Viking Prince.

BB23.jpg

Posted this in the greytone thread, but I don't know how many people read that one...

Recent arrival from Ebay. I'm pretty happy with it, although the colors are somewhat faded. I've wanted this issue for a long time...25 pages of classic Kubert art, plus it's the origin story of the Viking Prince.

BB23.jpg

is the scan true to the book? I have seen many examples on the baords where two books from the same issue have different color hues and neither appears faded:

bb23.jpg

BB23.jpg

is the scan true to the book? I have seen many examples on the baords where two books from the same issue have different color hues and neither appears faded:

bb23.jpg

Yes, the scan is true. I've seen a lot of variation in books, but in this case my book looks faded. Although...it really looks like it's completely missing the blue hues. Strange. It's kind of a grey greytone! The book has lots of gloss, by the way.

By the way, I read it last night and this has to be Kubert at his peak. Incredible scenes on the North Sea! And Jon's beautiful princess Asa (although his woman used to be Gunda in earlier issues...and she had red hair, not blonde...not sure what happened there).