• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,653 posts in this topic

Here's my copy of Superman 146, one of my all-time favorite books. Just Love IT! The OSPG lists it as a classic cover; I believe CGC should have done the same on its label. I wonder why they didn't.

I think it's fair to say that all SA DC collectors love this book, and in particular, your copy. What a beauty - about the nicest I have ever seen!

Without question! Supe 146 is one of my all-time favorites as well. My own off-the-rack copy fell apart in the late-1960s after years of use (and occasional abuse) by me, my siblings, and my friends. Not even my father's masking tape could save it! It's a real treat to see such a bright copy.

:cloud9:

Here's my copy of Superman 146, one of my all-time favorite books. Just Love IT! The OSPG lists it as a classic cover; I believe CGC should have done the same on its label. I wonder why they didn't.

I think it's fair to say that all SA DC collectors love this book, and in particular, your copy. What a beauty - about the nicest I have ever seen!

Without question! Supe 146 is one of my all-time favorites as well. My own off-the-rack copy fell apart in the late-1960s after years of use (and occasional abuse) by me, my siblings, and my friends. Not even my father's masking tape could save it! It's a real treat to see such a bright copy.

:cloud9:

Thanks for your generous comments about the Superman 146. The current OSPG (Just got mine in from Amazon a couple of days ago) values the books at $425.00 in 9.2. I think a couple of years ago a 9.2 copy sold for about $1500.00 and the lone 9.4 copy sold for three grand. I know there has been renewed interest in the Superman titles, both Golden and Silver. I wonder what this copy would go for if it came to market. Just curious!

Here's my copy of Danny's favorite Superman. Remember I was at your house about 10 years ago and you showed me your copy. A few years later you located a copy for me at the SDCC Not quite as nice as yours, admittedly, but I'm satisfied with it. Yours is a killer copy, though!

77441.jpg.5a41aab29d481f302d1acddbc54a1bf6.jpg

I didn't realize that the LL 15 and Superman are more similiar to eachother than the Adventure, but now seeing all three like that it's obvious.

Georgous copies of both books Ian, do you have a Lois 15 as well?

That Superman 132 is awesome...those of us who know about SA Superman know it's a horrible book to locate above VG.

Luckily, Foolkiller helped me out with Supes 132 or I'd still be hunting. I do know one board lurker with the quartet and will see if he's willing to start posting. In the meantime:

SuperQuarterscopy.jpg

The text blurbs on this cover don't bother me at all -- not necessarily a classic cover, but definitely a classic issue!

I didn't realize that the LL 15 and Superman are more similiar to eachother than the Adventure, but now seeing all three like that it's obvious.

Georgous copies of both books Ian, do you have a Lois 15 as well?

That Superman 132 is awesome...those of us who know about SA Superman know it's a horrible book to locate above VG.

Luckily, Foolkiller helped me out with Supes 132 or I'd still be hunting. I do know one board lurker with the quartet and will see if he's willing to start posting. In the meantime:

SuperQuarterscopy.jpg

Really nice copies; the Adventure seems particularly nice!

And what a quirky way of posting them - as a combined image.

Quirky's okay! Just don't call me a nerd. :sumo:

Superman132.jpg

Action211-3.jpg

Adv248-1.jpg

Superman132.jpg

Action211-3.jpg

Adv248-1.jpg

Geez Adam, this are just stunning! I LOVE the Adventure! Do you have a LL 15?

The "Lemming Factor" kicking in again, as I too, am strangely compelled to post my Superman #144...

Actually, I have more than one copy!

Superman144a.jpg

How can anyone NOT like this cover :cloud9:

Since we are doing the "I'll show you mine if you show me yours"

my Superman 146:

sm146.jpg

:sorry:

Wow, a lot of action in this thread today! I've really enjoyed seeing these tremendous books.

The only one of the four that I have is this Lois. Not the best copy, but I picked it up many moons ago because I liked the black background and the multi-panel design.

LL15.jpg

Okay, here's the real reason I came to this thread...

Recent arrival from Ebay. Too bad about the reader's crease, but the colors are amazing, and I absolutely love the drawing by Moriera.

MGA10.jpg

because I liked the black background and the multi-panel design.

I think a lot of us fell for these issues for the same reason. Great colors on both of your copies! :applause:

Okay, here's the real reason I came to this thread...

Recent arrival from Ebay. Too bad about the reader's crease, but the colors are amazing, and I absolutely love the drawing by Moriera.

MGA10.jpg

Thats a great book! It looks so nice next to this Maneely one, doncha think?

WOF_02.jpg

:sorry:

LL 15 :baiting::devil: