• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,638 posts in this topic

BB -- nice Challengers! Those 10 centers have to be tough books. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Namisgr -- sweet looking Detective thumbsup2.gif

Thanks to everyone for the recent explosion of 10 centers! Harry, great Challengers, you clearly loved the sci-fi books back in the day. Adam, great books as always, hopefully your work will slow down enough to let you post more regularly again. Bob, good stuff as well.

Finally, SLR5, great books, particularly the gorgeous Capt Marvel Jr, but for the pre-1956 books you might want to post them in the "Shadows of the Atomic Age" thread, in the GA forum, instead of here.

And lest I forget, Aman, we`re still waiting! And as long as you`re going to the trouble of breaking out the Showcase 4 for scanning, you might as well scan any other gems you have (Showcase 8, 13 or 14? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif).

27_laughing.gifl seriously, I dont see how you guys manage to scan crop edit rotate resize to a lousy 150K or less etc for so many books at a time, figuring in the special handling for HG books you dont want to snag on something along the way..... when I do it its always a hassle. and digital photos never come out as good. Id like to set up a permanent photo studio with a tripod, lights and easel perfectly aligned so I can just place the book and snap a pic, one after another. Anybody ever try that?

Load your photos on photobucket.com, then you don`t have to go through the hassle of resizing under 150kbs. If you`re doing your "scans" via digital photo rather than scan, I can certainly understand why it`s been taking you a lot longer, because you can`t simply adjust the resolution of your scan to easily fit under 150kb. If you host your digital photos on photobucket or some similar free hosting service, you at least don`t have to worry about that extra step.

loll seriously, I dont see how you guys manage to scan crop edit rotate resize to a lousy 150K or less etc for so many books at a time, figuring in the special handling for HG books you dont want to snag on something along the way..... when I do it its always a hassle. and digital photos never come out as good. Id like to set up a permanent photo studio with a tripod, lights and easel perfectly aligned so I can just place the book and snap a pic, one after another. Anybody ever try that?

It takes me about 5 minutes per book to scan, process (adobe photoeditor) & post -- if I'm warmed up and in the zone. I use a scanner which is easier to work with than a camera setup and could be easier still if I left the book in a mylite before placing it on the scanner (I don't because I like how the scans turn out when they're raw).

We were really impressed the last time you posted and are just hoping you'll share a few more when you can. thumbsup2.gif

That's my copy of It's Game Time and I can assure you that there is no writing on any of the pages. In fact, that's what makes these book tough to find in 6.5 or higher. Since these books were bought for toddlers or grade school kids, it's amazing that no one had written or done any of the puzzles in the book. I'd still like to find a 2, 3, and 4. Anyone on the boards have one for sale?

That's my copy of It's Game Time and I can assure you that there is no writing on any of the pages. In fact, that's what makes these book tough to find in 6.5 or higher. Since these books were bought for toddlers or grade school kids, it's amazing that no one had written or done any of the puzzles in the book. I'd still like to find a 2, 3, and 4. Anyone on the boards have one for sale?

I've only ever seen one nice set. If the owner would part with them, I doubt it would be cheap but I'll check.

841726-ManInBlack4.jpg

841726-ManInBlack4.jpg.0d03c6bbc2602c6f1c26e4e692df2229.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

Hey, I have a 10-Center! It came in the mail today, in fact...

GIC_76.jpg

headbang.gif

And the stories have happy endings too cloud9.gif

First story is by Kubert, 4th by Russ Heath, don't recognize the other two artists tongue.gif