• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,641 posts in this topic

Did you actually have a coonskin cap when you were a kid?

No, and I grew up in Connecticut, lol!. I have wanted these books ever since I was a kid and I saw one of the covers in the Fireside book, America at War - The Best of DC War Comics. Got a couple Frontier Fighters as well.

Did you actually have a coonskin cap when you were a kid?

Daniel Boone was a nobody compared to Davy Crockett in the early 50's. Fess Parker's DC on Disney is a pure dose of americana............oddly (or perhaps not) he then went on to play Daniel Boone in the 60's. i never owned a coonskin cap, but am positive that i wanted one really bad............ frown.gif

Very impressive run. I've always liked the title and Frontier Fighters as well. I have a Daniel Boone 1 and a Frontier Fighters 6. I've been looking for nice mid-grade copies, but they're very difficult to find. I really enjoyed looking at your run--Great Books!

Hey guys,

A bunch of Our Fighting Forces 10 centers from my collection. Not high grade per se, but flat and showing nice color. I love these.

Enjoy

Shep

Our Fighting Forces #19

off19.jpg

Our Fighting Forces #20 - Killer greytone from Grandenetti

off20.jpg

Our Fighting Forces #24

off24.jpg

Our Fighting Forces #25 - Killer Kubert

off25.jpg

Our Fighting Forces #26

off26.jpg

Our Fighting Forces #27

off27.jpg

Our Fighting Forces #28

off28.jpg

Our Fighting Forces #31

off31.jpg

Here are some more of the OFFs. Can you believe Russ Heath on #32? The man is the greatest!

Shep

Our Fighting Forces #32

off32.jpg

Our Fighting Forces #33

off33.jpg

Our Fighting Forces #38

off38.jpg

Our Fighting Forces #40 - a silver age classic if ever there was one!

off40.jpg

Our Fighting Forces #43 - Grandenetti proving why he is the most unsung cover artist of the Silver Age.

off43.jpg

just a GREAT bunch of covers there............. thumbsup2.gif

forget the structural grade - they all present pretty nicely and the colors are outstanding.

i've never seen any of them before, but that #20 greytone with the sub really stands out for me............... 893applaud-thumb.gif

bigfiver69,

Really nice books. thumbsup2.gif

That OFF # 20 has a gem of a cover!

Thanks Jayman,

One of my favorite covers. The incredible thing is that the artwork for that cover (unlike so many greytones) still exists. A fellow DC war collector friend of my mine used to own it.... sweet piece of artwork!

Shep

Steve et al -

Why, yes! It is indeed for sale. Thanks for mentioning it. devil.gif

This is a great copy, but it's on the block due to my OA purchase. 9.0 is top census for this book, too. Anyone interested can PM me if they're interested.

Dan grin.gif

Red Hook's only graded 10 center. Also my lowest graded slab. But it sure looks better. It has a couple of big ncb creases, that did 'er in. One of only four in the census though. Colors are great! A very good looking sample. Oh, and Infantino rules.

mis69.jpg

Red Hook's only graded 10 center. Also my lowest graded slab. But it sure looks better. It has a couple of big ncb creases, that did 'er in. One of only four in the census though. Colors are great! A very good looking sample. Oh, and Infantino rules.

mis69.jpg

I love those MYSTERY IN SPACE covers. hail.gif