• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,655 posts in this topic

ho won earth can that book be a 4.5??? I hope we never see one lik ethat in the grading contest!! Or are the back cover creases THAT fugly??

that's got to be the most impressive 4.5 copy in existence. i'm sure the defects are there, but you can hardly see them and the colors are unbelieveable 893whatthe.gif

i guess you won't be needing my copy of that one although it would probably grade out around a 7.0............... grin.gif

ho won earth can that book be a 4.5??? I hope we never see one lik ethat in the grading contest!! Or are the back cover creases THAT fugly??

that's got to be the most impressive 4.5 copy in existence. i'm sure the defects are there, but you can hardly see them and the colors are unbelieveable 893whatthe.gif

i guess you won't be needing my copy of that one although it would probably grade out around a 7.0............... grin.gif

893whatthe.gif Uh...no! I....I....hate this copy! I would ...........gak! ...... 893whatthe.gif

Well, I'm a liar. As of today Red Hook owns two 10 centers. This arrived via Marnin at CollectorsAssemble this morning.....Bethlehem.

And a bit of trivia......notice that Yankee Stadium is featured on the cover. Note the arrival date on the cover. September 27, 1961 was the day after Maris tied Ruth's record of 60 home runs, and four days before he broke the record on October 31. Which by the way still remains the record as far as I am concerned. This book brings back memories of sitting in the barber shop on 180th Street and Tremont Avenue in the Bronx reading through these wonderful books waiting for my turn in the chair.

sa134lorez.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif

Nice book, Red! thumbsup2.gif

Strange Adventures was a really fun title to read as a youngster, even without on going features. I did enjoy the Atomic Knights quit a bit. Anyone know which issue they get the dogs they ride on? I may have asked this one before, but at my age,.... confused-smiley-013.gif

Googled this.....sounds like your story......

Strange Adventures No. 138

March 1962

Story: “The Attack of the Giant Dogs” (9 pages)

Editor: Julius Schwartz

Writer: John Broome

Artist: Murphy Anderson

Feature Characters: The Atomic Knights

Villains: Khagan, Atlanteans (last appearance for all in issue #135; last appearance for all)

Synopsis: The Atomic Knights find two mutated giant dalmatians just before Khagan and his Atlanteans make another attack.

Giant Dalmations! Sounds spot-on exciting! yay.gif