• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,653 posts in this topic

Date stamps don't bother me at all. Nice looking copies! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif Great copy of that book. Always reminded me of Margaret Brundage work. Who's the artist on this HoM # 1 anyway?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Coincidence?

1116557-WeirdTales_38_08.jpg

1116557-WeirdTales_38_08.jpg.fafc764e7894ed99d33960c610a6833b.jpg

Adam: Do you mean like this 50's 10 cent DC?

Tom 1116537-HOM2.jpg

That's a nice way to start things off, but to paraphrase Oliver Twist, "Please sir, can you scan some more?"

popcorn.gif

I doubt if it was coincidence considering where DC's heirarchy hailed from.

Tom

My thought as well. Weisenger and Schwartz both came out of the pulp world before getting into comics and brought other pulp guys into work for them at DC.

Adam: Julie and his crew had their roots in pulps and early SF. The early fanzine you posted was awesome.

There was an almost complete collection of Fanzines in the W PA collection from early 1961 foreword.

That was some great reading.

Tom

You know, for silver age collectors, it just doesn't get any better than ten cent DC's. Here's a couple more Detectives. These are from the Cleveland collection.

Wow! Thanks to everyone for the explosion of new posts! 893applaud-thumb.gif

How deep is the run of Detectives from the Cleveland collection, and how far back do they go? Are there other DC titles in there? This is a pedigree which I clearly know too little about.

You know, for silver age collectors, it just doesn't get any better than ten cent DC's. Here's a couple more Detectives. These are from the Cleveland collection.

Wow! Thanks to everyone for the explosion of new posts! 893applaud-thumb.gif

How deep is the run of Detectives from the Cleveland collection, and how far back do they go? Are there other DC titles in there? This is a pedigree which I clearly know too little about.

Lots of runs. Was supposed to have a lot of nice copies from the war titles as well.

Adam: Julie and his crew had their roots in pulps and early SF. The early fanzine you posted was awesome.

There was an almost complete collection of Fanzines in the W PA collection from early 1961 foreword.

That was some great reading.

Tom

I've read the reprint books from Bill Schelly and have a smidgeon of fanzines myself. It definitely gives you a different sense of the collecting community and how odd they all felt for liking funnybooks and how hard it was to find kindred spirits. These days you just hop on the net to find the comic communities and go to eBay to pick up the books.

I would recommend Bill's book to anyone who wants to enlighten themselves about the early days of fandom.

Some of the pictures are amazing. I like the one in the "White House " with the OA to the cover of Flash 120 hanging in the backround. That image has stuck with me for a long time.

I think Metro owns that OA now.

Heres a 10 center thats not part of the superhero gendre but is a pretty rare book.

Tom 1116698-RealSreenCartoons1292.jpg

1116698-RealSreenCartoons1292.jpg.a785cfd38a0b188371cbba4dcde8dea0.jpg